Director of Global Distribution
Cohesity is on a mission to radically simplify how organizations secure and manage their data, while unlocking limitless value. As a leader in data security and management, we make it easy to secure, protect, manage and derive value from data—across the data center, edge, and cloud. At Cohesity, we're a group of builders and go-getters who are committed to doing the right thing. We encourage you to come as you are, as our differences make us stronger.
Join us and we'll lead the way together.
Director of Global Distribution - United States
This is a high-impact role, working across the organization to collaborate and interface with key internal stakeholders in Partner Sales, Sales Operations, Cohesity Academy, Marketing, Finance, Legal, Order Management, and others. The role will report to the VP of Global Partner Strategy, Programs & Incentives.
The ideal candidate will be a high-energy, hands-on, detail-oriented individual who has successfully created, launched, and managed a broad range of distribution programs and initiatives in a diverse partner ecosystem, including channel, service provider, system integrator, OEM, and alliance partners. They will have proven success in driving distribution initiatives that support company growth goals with a focus on outcomes and simplicity while contributing to the development of a strong partner ecosystem will distinguish a strong candidate from other applicants. This individual is an organized key contributor, effective communicator, and influencer. The ability to lead and execute on cross-functional projects and work effectively in a team environment is critical.
- As the Director of Global Distribution, you will lead the strategic GTM for all current and future distribution partners participating in our program across AMER, EMEA, APJ
- Drive a customer first approach with partners leading the sale. Continued focus on an autonomous partner community and the associated tools and programs required to support a partner led motion
- Perform routine assessment of our global distribution partner network and make changes as needed to efficiently scale our channel business.
- Lead commercial discussions management of business terms.
- Collaborate with GEO leaders on regional/local initiatives required to support distribution and channel priorities
- Deliver a consistent and predictable plan for quarter close activities to include pipeline management, deal closure, distributor coverage, bookings policy, reporting, etc. Ensure repeatable motion and consistency across all GEOs
- Identify and/or execute new routes to market by leveraging the capabilities of distribution
- Establish and measure distributor specific performance and growth targets that align to company objectives
- Establish a programmatic approach to partner on-boarding and activation through our distributors to help accelerate partner readiness and engagement
- Collaboration with WWFO to facilitate frictionless transaction processing for multi-country orders
- Manage partner and customer escalations, representing Cohesity and understanding potential impact to all functional areas
- As the channel liaison, manage all new partner onboarding requests. Leverage current policy and process to determine eligibility
- Active leadership in planning sessions and QBRs to efficiently drive forward looking joint business plans with our distribution partners
- 15+ years of channel experience, including indirect sales & Meet in the Channel (MITC), and extensive distribution knowledge and relationships.
- Experience working in a global environment with the ability to manage an extensive distribution landscape driven by geographical requirements and needs
- Dynamic individual with strong business acumen in core functional areas: business development, sales and operations
- Proven ability to lead and collaborate in a matrixed model organization
- Deep and broad experience with indirect pathway partners, including but not limited to, value added resellers, system integrators, service providers, OEMs and distributors
- Highly proficient at setting up new distribution relationships and related contract negotiation
- Keen understanding of value solution selling. Is able to navigate the associated complexities and respond to partner and customer specific needs
- Ability to plan and gain buy-in at the executive level while executing at the team and individual contributor level. Can clearly articulate the why and how to deliver outcomes
- Adept at communicating and demonstrating the value of distribution
- Detail focused and thorough with the ability to leverage data to ensure strategic company alignment
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates:
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EEOE)
Cohesity is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
Cohesity employees who are within a reasonable commute (e.g. within a forty-five (45) minute average travel time) work out of our core offices 2-3 days a week of their choosing.