Customer Success Director
Cohesity is on a mission to radically simplify how organizations secure and manage their data, while unlocking limitless value. As a leader in data security and management, we make it easy to secure, protect, manage and derive value from data—across the data center, edge, and cloud. At Cohesity, we're a group of builders and go-getters who are committed to doing the right thing. We encourage you to come as you are, as our differences make us stronger.
Join us and we'll lead the way together.
Customer Success Director
Location: Remote - US
LET’S DISRUPT THE MODERN WORLD OF DATA MANAGEMENT TOGETHER
This role is focused on ensuring our customers’ success, driving growth/adoption of our technology as well as boosting renewals and gleaning strategic insights that improve our product value. This is an exciting opportunity to unequivocally influence Cohesity’s customers. Customer Success Directors are an elite team that lead our engagement with strategic accounts across all areas of the customer experience. This is a challenging role that requires technical skills, exceptional customer and internal relationships, strategic problem solving, sales cycle awareness, team building, management and demonstrated coaching skills, a motivational style, analytical skills, and a special aptitude for understanding where data management and security technology meets business needs.
We are looking for someone that is truly passionate about customer advocacy and team development and has a proven track record to talk about! Additionally, you will have a focus on quality management; cultivate an environment of innovation and high accountability and demonstrate the ability to drive continuous operational improvement as a way of working and managing. Are you a person–by nature–that is a conservative risk-taker, with a high level of ambition, who thrives in an environment of change? Are you interested in building your brand as an innovator who brings value and a clear sense of ownership to business and technology discussions? You could be just the person we are looking for.
HOW YOU’LL SPEND YOUR TIME HERE
- Develop strategic plans that enhance the customer experience across all pillars of the customer lifecycle and achieve higher product adoption, customer satisfaction, and overall health scores
- Ensure the right technical architecture is deployed within the customer base. Advise on architecture in new deployment or spot issues in existing deployments.
- Lead cross-functional response to critical issues that include account teams, support teams, and engineering teams
- Convert learnings from critical issues into blueprints for success across the Cohesity customer portfolio
- Ensuring delivery on Key Operational metrics, including Customer Health - Green/Yellow/Red, Adoption (Consumption & Usage), Reference-ability, Renewal Likelihood, Upsell / Cross-Sell Potential, and % Retention / Renewal
- Drive premier programmatic Customer Success practice ensuring rapid onboarding, collaboration within internal teams and across the customer lifecycle
- Working closely with Sales reps and Renewals managers to identify new opportunities and upsell potential
- Increase the lifetime value of the Customer through greater advocacy and reference-ability; serving as a customer advocate in the evolution of our products and platform functionality integral to the customer's success
- Engage broadly across the Customer organization from management through to C-Level/Influencer as required
- Ensure customer feedback is clearly captured and conveyed internally to enable ongoing improvement of products and services
- Actively assess the interactions with our top customers (product performance, depth, and breadth of usage, Support experience)
WE’D LOVE TO TALK TO YOU IF YOU HAVE MANY OF THE FOLLOWING
- Expert architectural/advisory technical capabilities in Data Protection, Data Security, Storage, Virtualization, Cloud, and/or other related technology pillars
- Excellent outcome driving skills with an owner mindset to get things done.
- Excellent strategic and enterprise account management skills
- Excellent technical and business communications skills at exec level.
- Ability to work with product and engineering to drive product improvements.
- 10+ years of experience with a clear track record of advancement in related roles: Solution architecture, Product management, Engineering, Customer Success, TAM, Pre-Sales, Escalation Management, Professional Services
- Ideally combined background of post-sales, sales, consulting services experience
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree; preference for computer science or related degrees, or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated trajectory of success with people-management, coaching, and up-leveling and amplifying team’s competencies
- Ability to manage influence through persuasion, negotiation, and consensus building
- Deep business operations expertise; has solid experience with SFDC, Gainsight, and adept with creating reports and dashboards is highly preferred
- Strong empathy for customers AND passion for revenue and growth
- Deep understanding of value drivers in recurring revenue business models
- Analytical and process driven mindset
- Demonstrated desire for continuous learning and improvement
- An enthusiastic and creative leader with the ability to inspire others
- Strong leadership skills with validated ability to influence inside and outside of the organization at the highest levels to garner support
- Demonstrated success at strategic negotiation and strategy implementation
- Able to balance providing extraordinary service with the need to improve financial performance, and increase revenue and profits
Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates:
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EEOE)
Cohesity is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
Cohesity may require employees who enter its offices to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus and to provide documented proof thereof. Cohesity will comply with applicable law regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals who are not vaccinated because of a sincerely held religious belief, disability or medical condition. This vaccination requirement does not apply to employees who work remotely and do not enter Cohesity offices.