Director of Engineering, Data Protection
Cohesity is on a mission to radically simplify how organizations secure and manage their data, while unlocking limitless value. As a leader in data security and management, we make it easy to secure, protect, manage and derive value from data—across the data center, edge, and cloud. At Cohesity, we're a group of builders and go-getters who are committed to doing the right thing. We encourage you to come as you are, as our differences make us stronger.
Join us and we'll lead the way together.
As a Director Of Engineering for Cohesity, you would lead teams that work on a wide range of exciting and sophisticated technical challenges and design and build massively parallel and distributed systems and architecture.
We are looking for seasoned and innovative software engineering leaders who are passionate about leading, innovating, mentoring, and working towards outcomes at a global scale. We are on the lookout for outstanding minds who love to go deep, tackle big problems, and step up to big challenges. This role requires an upbeat, creative, and driven individual with excellent communication, organization, and technical skills to partner with various R&D organizations. In this role, you will be driving some of our most strategic technical projects, delivering large-scale systems, crafting new software systems, and making a significant impact on the success of Cohesity.
What you would do:
- Encourage, empower, lead and handle a team of outstanding developers that craft and develop products for our on-prem as well as SaaS offerings.
- Responsible for the product end-to-end, from defining requirements with department stakeholders to building, testing, and deployment.
- Drive thought leadership and innovation to accelerate high-quality software development.
- Mentor, lead and grow your engineers on the team.
- Set clear goals and lead collaborative achievements.
- Work closely with various stakeholders within Cohesity like product management, program management, sales, QA, and support teams to deliver high-quality products and drive the product vision and roadmap.
- Understand market dynamics to drive product direction and execution for the team.
What you bring along:
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or a relevant technical field
- 15+ years of hands-on software engineering experience in planning, architecting, and delivering high-quality products
- 8+ years of building, handling or leading high-performance software development teams
- Knowledge of agile/scrum methodologies.
- Previous experience building highly-scalable distributed systems
- Excellent coding & design skills
- MUST HAVE Domain expertise in relevant areas such as Date Protection OR Storage
Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates:
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EEOE)
Cohesity is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
Cohesity may require employees who enter its offices to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus and to provide documented proof thereof. Cohesity will comply with applicable law regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals who are not vaccinated because of a sincerely held religious belief, disability or medical condition. This vaccination requirement does not apply to employees who work remotely and do not enter Cohesity offices.