Senior Network Engineer
Cohesity is on a mission to radically simplify how organizations secure and manage their data, while unlocking limitless value. As a leader in data security and management, we make it easy to secure, protect, manage and derive value from data—across the data center, edge, and cloud. At Cohesity, we're a group of builders and go-getters who are committed to doing the right thing. We encourage you to come as you are, as our differences make us stronger.
We’ve been named a Leader by multiple analyst firms and are prominently featured in the Forbes Cloud 100 and CRN’s Coolest Cloud companies.
Join us and we'll lead the way together.
About This Role
Cohesity IT is looking for passionate, out of the box thinkers who take pride in building highly secure, robust and scalable infrastructure. This is a unique opportunity for you to work as a Sr. Network Engineer in a multi-cloud, multi-data center hybrid infrastructure. You will be working closely with our information security, production services and DevOps team to strategically improve the operation SLA.
Our ideal candidate is highly autonomous, detail oriented and possesses strong written, verbal communication skills, has a track record of successfully manage Network Operation Center, and possesses a strong background in Networking technologies. The desire and ability to work in a fast-paced collaborative environment is essential.
- Leading the effort of designing, implementing operating and improving the networking funtimantal systems including but not limited to monitoring systems/Alert systems/logging systems/Ticketing systems/DHCP.DNS.IPAM(DDI) systems/Infrastruture as a Code systems for on-perm and cloud.
- Provide expert root cause and corrective action leadership to resolve any and all operational issues found across infrastructure architectures, hardware platforms, and vendor performance.
- Participate in on-call rotation and be an escalation point for service incidents
- Perform regular assessment against industry best practices that ensures network scalability, reliability and security.
- Work with InfoSec team to meet critical security compliance requirements for data center and campus networking.
- Directly contribute ideas and project scope to explore nascent products and technologies to evolve the business.
- Lead improvements in documentation, playbooks, and training for Network Operations Centers.
- 8 years of experience as a network engineer.
- 5 years of hands-on experience of monitoring configuring troubleshooting resolving network infrastructure issues.
- Experience in designing and implementing the networking monitoring tools eg: Logicmonitoring, nagios, zabbix, cacti, etc.
- Experience in designing and implementing networking infrastructure visibility platform tools eg: Gigamon, Garland, Apcon, keysight, etc.
- Scripting and IaC skillset
- In-depth knowledge of protocols as they relate to Data Center, Enterprise, and cloud network environments.
- In-depth knowledge of Monitor, debug and Troubleshooting Network infrastructure issues (routing, network hardware/software failure, configuration, WAN outages, firewalls, Remote access,performance issues).
- Experience in network virtualization technologies
- Understanding of networking and routing protocols such as TCP/IP, BGP4 (multi-homing), OSPF (multi-area), RIP, ISIS, etc.
- Working knowledge in the operation of Ethernet LAN switching protocols and standards including, VLANs, VLAN aggregation, EtherChannel, PVLANs, Spanning Tree & Rapid Spanning Tree, 802.1Q .
- Ability to analyze network packet traces (PCAP).
- Experience with NGFW products in a highly available enterprise environment.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Willing to learn new technologies.
- Industry certifications (CCNP or equivalent).
- Strong attention to detail with excellent time management and organization skills.
- Ability to travel up to 25%.
- Experience with NDR tools eg: corelight,darktrace or extrahop.
- Prior working experience with AWS/Azure/GCP or other cloud-based solutions.
- Knowledge of network and information security practices with specific regard to ZTNA quievlent) operation.
Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates:
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EEOE)
Cohesity is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
Cohesity may require employees who enter its offices to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus and to provide documented proof thereof. Cohesity will comply with applicable law regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals who are not vaccinated because of a sincerely held religious belief, disability or medical condition. This vaccination requirement does not apply to employees who work remotely and do not enter Cohesity offices.
Something looks off?