Learning Design Specialist
Cohesity is on a mission to radically simplify how organizations secure and manage their data, while unlocking limitless value. As a leader in data security and management, we make it easy to secure, protect, manage and derive value from data—across the data center, edge, and cloud. At Cohesity, we're a group of builders and go-getters who are committed to doing the right thing. We encourage you to come as you are, as our differences make us stronger.
We’ve been named a Leader by multiple analyst firms and are prominently featured in the Forbes Cloud 100 and CRN’s Coolest Cloud companies.
Join us and we'll lead the way together.
The Instructional design and facilitation specialist will design, develop and measure enterprise corporate training and people development programs. On occasion, they will facilitate content and/or aid others in facilitation. This role will report to the Director of Talent and Performance and partner closely with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) across Cohesity to develop and deliver world class learning resources to all employees.
- Serves as SME and primary point of contact for the design and development of effective learning content to support business functions and People Team programs and initiatives.
- Design and develop instructional materials, including but not limited to: online courses, instructor-led training materials, e-learning modules, job aids, and other learning resources.
- Conducts needs assessments and diagnostics to continuously evaluate company risk areas and identify learning priorities.
- Proactively interface with SMEs, managers, and other stakeholders in order to understand, recommend, and deploy effective learning solutions for learning initiatives across the Talent & Growth portfolio.
- Measure, analyze, and report the effectiveness of learning programs.
- Regularly conduct content reviews and updates to ensure all learning resources are accurate, relevant, and up-to-date.
- Partner with Internal Communications, People Partners, and key stakeholders to market and increase adoption of learning programs
- Keeps abreast of innovations, advancements, and best practices in adult learning to ensure world-class learning is standard as Cohesity
- Facilitate instructor-led learning sessions (virtual or in person), as required, ensuring participants are engaged and learning objectives are met.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of instructional materials and make recommendations for improvements.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in instructional design and facilitation.
- Proven ability to design and develop engaging, effective instructional materials.
- Strong facilitation and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build rapport with learners and lead effective training sessions.
- Knowledge of adult learning theories and instructional design principles.
- Experience with e-learning development software, such as Articulate, Captivate, or similar tools.
- Strong organisational, project management, and time-management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Teamwork and collaboration
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Strong project management and change management skills are required.
- Experience developing training content by applying instructional design principles and authoring tools. (Articulate Rise, Camtasia, etc)
- Experience with Learning Management Systems and administrations.
- Possess strong content writing ability, creativity, attention to detail, and excellent proofing and editing skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Positive relationship-building and influencing skills in the area of training and development.
- Brings a positive attitude to the workplace, loves managing high-performing teams, collaborates well, and celebrates wins.
- engagement and retention, new ways of working, work/life balance, etc.
- Partner with the Business. Coach our Estaff team on their comms strategy and meetings such as all hands and town halls; support the executive leadership team by guiding various functional campaigns, offering guidance and consultation on communication needs and best practices.
- Lead the Function. Develop and manage communications platforms, editorial calendars, digital platforms, associate town hall meetings, and the publication of metrics.
- Develop the Team. Develop and lead a small, world-class Internal Communications and Talent Brand team equipping them to meet the growing demands of the organization as it scales; demonstrate indirect leadership through matrixed environment.
- Leverage your strengths. Bring the best of your unique skills and capabilities to this role and grow from there. Identify where you have the greatest opportunity for growth in this role and actively partner with your leader and team to grow with the organization while you help us develop.
WE’D LOVE TO TALK TO YOU IF YOU HAVE MANY OF THE FOLLOWING
- Bachelor's degree in communications, business management, or related field. Advanced degree preferred.
- 15+ more years of comparable experience, preferably in a high-technology environment
- Demonstrated expertise in developing, leading, and completing highly effective communications, or public/partner relations strategies in a complex, global environment.
- Experience developing the internal communications/engagement strategy for a global company
- Ability to clearly understand and empathize with diverse points of view, develop trusting relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders at all levels, and effectively use influencing skills to collaborate and gain alignment.
- Work with and be trusted with confidential and sensitive data and information.
- Executive presence with the ability to command respect and gain credibility through the exercise of sound business judgment, clear decision-making, and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to easily flex between the strategic and tactical - lead multiple projects concurrently in a fast-paced and complex environment.
- Excellent (and creative) problem-solving, project management, execution, and change management skills.
- Exceptional communication and influencing skills include the ability to distill complex concepts into readily consumable information.
- Expert relationship-building and stakeholder engagement skills with the ability to drive business results through partnership and effective collaboration.
Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates:
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EEOE)
Cohesity is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
Cohesity may require employees who enter its offices to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus and to provide documented proof thereof. Cohesity will comply with applicable law regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals who are not vaccinated because of a sincerely held religious belief, disability or medical condition. This vaccination requirement does not apply to employees who work remotely and do not enter Cohesity offices.
Something looks off?