Senior Product Manager
Cohesity is on a mission to radically simplify how organizations secure and manage their data, while unlocking limitless value. As a leader in data security and management, we make it easy to secure, protect, manage and derive value from data—across the data center, edge, and cloud. At Cohesity, we're a group of builders and go-getters who are committed to doing the right thing. We encourage you to come as you are, as our differences make us stronger.
We’ve been named a Leader by multiple analyst firms and are prominently featured in the Forbes Cloud 100 and CRN’s Coolest Cloud companies.
Join us and we'll lead the way together.
Cohesity is on a mission to radically simplify how organizations manage their data to unlock limitless value. We make it easy to back up, manage and derive value from data while protecting data against ransomware attacks. At Cohesity, we’re encouraged to think big and we take on dynamic goals that require innovative thinkers. Obsession with our customers keeps us humble and drives us to keep learning.
We’ve been named a Leader by multiple analyst firms, and are prominently featured in the Forbes Cloud 100 and CRN’s Coolest Cloud companies.
We are looking for a dynamic Product Manager to join our world-class Product team with strong technical skills and deep market knowledge that spans in the areas of Data Protection (Virtualization, Kubernetes, and storage technologies). Your skills will accelerate our rapidly-growing SaaS delivery model to solve the disaster recovery needs of our enterprise customers. We are looking for someone who, like us, cares deeply about understanding our customers' needs and takes pride in building awesome products. At Cohesity, we are aggressively taking market share from the legacy players and you’ll be instrumental in driving that growth.
At Cohesity, product management plays a central role in driving product development by working in close collaboration with our engineering and go-to-market teams. Our team works across all levels of the organization; engaging with executive stakeholders, directly with customers across the globe, and interacting heavily with our user experience team. You’ll do your best work at Cohesity with an incredibly talented team!
Does this sound like the next step in your career, then read on.
As a Product Management at Cohesity, you will:
- Own our Data Protection product offering in the areas of Virtualization, Kubernetes and related technologies; collaborate on the product lifecycle from inception to launch & beyond
- Gather, analyze, and prioritize inputs from our customers, prospects, partners, analysts and synthesize them into a clear and justifiable business opportunity and set of product requirements to drive the development of the product vision.
- Understanding customer needs and requirements and communicating them via succinct written descriptions and having real customer data to help engineering define feature details. Work closely with the engineering team to formally review product functional specifications prior to development, working with the UX design teams, providing feedback on early engineer releases and feature implementations
- Partner with development, QA, support & marketing to ensure that product meets requirements and stays within schedule
- Drive product strategy, roadmap, and release plans, taking into account business/product priorities and trade-offs
- Follow the agile methodology to execute on projects and participate in sprint meetings
- Execute beta programs with customers to get product or feature feedback
- Work closely with sales and customers to get product feedback that will shape the future of your product
- Enable the sales and technical sales teams so that they can successfully sell the product
- Ensure the voice of the customer is present as we continuously evaluate our roadmap
You will be partnering closely with:
- PM leadership to iterate and execute on the long-term direction and strategy for your products.
- Other Product Managers who are passionate about both moving quickly and being customer-centric.
- Our talented and growing Go-to-Market team, including our Marketing, Customer Support, and Sales teams.
- User Experience team to shape the customer experience for your product portfolio, as well as debate the art of the possible with our products and how we best support our customer’s journey.
- An industry-leading engineering team to assess backlogs and build roadmaps.
Who are you:
- You have open ears - always listening to customers.
- You are scrappy and self-directed.
- You value outcomes over effort and drive for clarity on what we want to achieve and orient our effort toward achieving those outcomes.
- You think big, bring data, and act decisively with a backbone.
What valuable experience and skills will you bring to the table:
- You’ve 4+ years of product management experience in a software company preferably data protection, disaster recovery, and virtualization.
- Strong hands-on knowledge of storage and NAS technologies required, including key storage concepts and their applicability
- Strong business data analytics skills, metrics driven prioritization and clearly articulated roadmap
- Working knowledge of network and storage protocols: NFS, SMB, iSCSI, FC, etc
- Ability to quickly understand technologies and architecture, and interpret and articulate them into customer-facing benefits
- Must be able to demonstrate both a passion for technologies and solutions, and a strong aptitude for business strategy
- Willing to travel up to 25% in order evangelize Cohesity solution with partners, customers and business leaders
- Ability to direct and indirectly influence peers and cross-functional stakeholders
- Strong ability to build relationships with people across all levels and organization
Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates:
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EEOE)
Cohesity is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
Cohesity may require employees who enter its offices to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus and to provide documented proof thereof. Cohesity will comply with applicable law regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals who are not vaccinated because of a sincerely held religious belief, disability or medical condition. This vaccination requirement does not apply to employees who work remotely and do not enter Cohesity offices.
Something looks off?