Product Line Manager
Cohesity is on a mission to radically simplify how organizations secure and manage their data, while unlocking limitless value. As a leader in data security and management, we make it easy to secure, protect, manage and derive value from data—across the data center, edge, and cloud. At Cohesity, we're a group of builders and go-getters who are committed to doing the right thing. We encourage you to come as you are, as our differences make us stronger.
We’ve been named a Leader by multiple analyst firms and are prominently featured in the Forbes Cloud 100 and CRN’s Coolest Cloud companies.
Join us and we'll lead the way together.
Cohesity is looking for an experienced and passionate Principal Product Manager to join our product management team to drive strategy and execution for Cohesity’s DataHawk product portfolio. Cohesity is a leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Data Protection as well as “Leader” and “Outperformer” in the GigaOm Radar for Enterprise Scale-Out File Systems and we are only just starting. We are looking for someone who, like us, cares deeply about understanding our customer’s needs and takes pride in building irresistibly delightful products built from the ground up for protecting and managing customer data. At Cohesity, we are aggressively taking market share from the legacy players in a $10B+ market and you’ll be instrumental in driving that growth.
At Cohesity, product management plays a central role in driving product development by working in close collaboration with our engineering and go-to-market teams. Our team works across all levels of the organization; engaging with executive stakeholders, directly with customers across the globe, and interacting heavily with our user experience team. You’ll do your best work at Cohesity with an incredibly talented team!
This is a pivotal, highly strategic position that will shape Cohesity’s overall security strategy, security portfolio, and roadmap across both its traditional customer-managed platforms and Cohesity’s cloud-based SaaS platform as well as App Marketplace in service of Cohesity’s ever-expanding list of enterprise customers across different verticals and geographies.
If this sounds like the next step in your career, read on!
As a Principal Product Manager, Security, you will:
- Drive strategy, roadmap and execution for Cohesity’s DataHawk product portfolio across both customer-managed software and hardware platforms as well as Cohesity’s cloud-based SaaS platform and App Marketplace. This will encompass driving technology innovation, monetization and GTM focused on:
- Ransomware protection
- Threat protection
- Data classification
- Security workflow automation
- Data security and governance
- Security ecosystem
- Zero Trust architecture
- Data isolation
- Champion the voice of the customer as you continuously evaluate and refine our security roadmap.
- Be the visionary and strongest advocate internally and externally for Cohesity’s DataHawk product portfolio and ThreatDefense security architecture, its capabilities, and implementation to address the most stringent security standards that our US Government, financial services, healthcare, service provider and other enterprise customers expect from our data management platform.
- Represent the customer by understanding their needs and being their champion. With a constant pulse on security markets, customers, competitors, technology trends, regulatory developments, and the ever-evolving threat landscape, you are uniquely positioned to discover and develop market-leading offerings.
- Participate in educating customers as well as the broader market on who Cohesity is and where we are going with our product portfolio, including analyst briefings, executive briefings with customers, webinars, SIGs, and conference speaking opportunities.
- Hold the vision and rally the team around innovative security offerings, features, platform controls, and integrations
- Work closely with customers, colleagues, and external partners to maintain an understanding of the larger market that our products exist within ensuring existing capabilities and the roadmap are well-positioned to be successful.
You will be partnering closely with:
- Head of Product for Data Security to iterate and execute on the long-term direction and strategy for Cohesity’s overall roadmap with you specifically owning the vision and roadmap for security
- Other passionate product managers responsible for services and apps delivered on the Cohesity platform as well as team of talented security-focused product managers
- Our talented and growing GTM teams, including our Marketing, Ecosystem, Support, Enablement, Education, Professional Services, Sales, and Sales Engineering.
- Internal business functions within Cohesity, including Finance, Legal, and InfoSec
- An progressive UX team to shape the customer experience as well as debate the art of the possible with our products and how we best support our customer’s journey.
- A world-class engineering team that will design and deliver on your vision.
Who are you:
- You have open ears - always listening to customers.
- You are scrappy, creative and self-directed. Do more with less.
- You value outcomes over effort and drive for clarity on what we want to achieve and orient your effort toward achieving those outcomes.
- You think big, bring data, and act decisively with a backbone.
- You are detail-oriented and concise. You sweat the small stuff.
- You lead through influence and, at times, indirect authority.
- You prioritize ruthlessly. You know when and how to say “No.”.
- You deliver quality products and services that adhere to uncompromising security standards while providing a delightful user experience
- You have a proven track record persuading and influencing high-level executives and other strategic decision-makers
What valuable experience and skills will you bring to the table:
- You have 6+ years of security product management experience in an enterprise B2B technology product or SaaS company developing product strategy and roadmaps as well as managing the full product lifecycle for security products and services. Experience managing recognized, market-leading security products or services is a plus.
- Experience working in a highly matrixed organization and leading - either directly or with indirect authority - multiple security-focused product teams
- Experience working across multiple domains of cybersecurity
- Extremely knowledgeable of OS and application security, security standards and certifications, cybersecurity frameworks, cloud security, Zero Trust architecture, threat detection, security analytics, data security, and more.
- Experience building relationships and developing security ecosystem integrations across multiple markets, especially key management, IAM, multi-factor authentication, threat detection, threat intelligence, vulnerability management, SIEM/SOAR, UEBA, data classification, and data access governance.
- Familiarity with secure software development lifecycle methodologies, DevSecOps, security as code, threat modeling frameworks, pentesting, and red teaming is a plus.
- MBA from a leading business school would be a plus
- CISSP, CEH, or CISA certifications are a plus.
Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates:
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EEOE)
Cohesity is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
Cohesity may require employees who enter its offices to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus and to provide documented proof thereof. Cohesity will comply with applicable law regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals who are not vaccinated because of a sincerely held religious belief, disability or medical condition. This vaccination requirement does not apply to employees who work remotely and do not enter Cohesity offices.
Something looks off?