Site Reliability Engineer
Cohesity is on a mission to radically simplify how organizations secure and manage their data, while unlocking limitless value. As a leader in data security and management, we make it easy to secure, protect, manage and derive value from data—across the data center, edge, and cloud. At Cohesity, we're a group of builders and go-getters who are committed to doing the right thing. We encourage you to come as you are, as our differences make us stronger.
We’ve been named a Leader by multiple analyst firms and are prominently featured in the Forbes Cloud 100 and CRN’s Coolest Cloud companies.
Join us and we'll lead the way together.
Site Reliability Engineer (or technical support engineer) is a senior technical support role within the Cohesity support organization. The position is based in our local support centre, where you will have the opportunity to work with other talented engineers to ensure that Cohesity customers receive the highest level of support possible. We are looking for passionate people who possess deep technical expertise as well as excellent communication and customer service skills to join our team!
Primary job responsibilities
- Work with Cohesity customers to provide a timely resolution to technical issues that they may encounter
- Use available tools to investigate and troubleshoot technical issues
- Record customer interactions, including investigation, troubleshooting, and the resolution of issues
- Work closely with Cohesity engineering and account management teams
- Demonstrate considerable judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
- Provide the best experience possible for Cohesity customers
- Manage workload to ensure that all customer issues are resolved in a timely manner
- Assist in the development of comprehensive and reusable self-service solutions for future incidents
- Develop knowledge base article.
- Mentor other engineers.
- 3+ years of experience working in a storage, networking and virtualization environment
- Strong understanding of Linux and administration experience across all working components
- Ability to analyze system diagnostics and clearly articulate the issue for the customer
- Good understanding of Linux debugging utilities, with an emphasis on systemtap, tcpdump ftrace, strace, wireshark, gdb, and crash
- Experience with remote file access protocols, including NFS, SMB (CIFS)
- Solid experience with storage-related concepts, including virtualization and data protection (e.g. VMware, CommVault, Symantec, EMC, NetApp).
Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates:
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EEOE)
Cohesity is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
Cohesity may require employees who enter its offices to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus and to provide documented proof thereof. Cohesity will comply with applicable law regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals who are not vaccinated because of a sincerely held religious belief, disability or medical condition. This vaccination requirement does not apply to employees who work remotely and do not enter Cohesity offices.
Something looks off?