Sr Product Marketing Manager
Once upon a time, local businesses could attract customers through advertising and word of mouth. However, that has all changed. Today consumers choose where to spend their money based on online reputation and digital experiences. Modern companies must deliver exceptional experiences that create repeat customers and need a platform that can do this at scale. Local businesses often need help to overcome the complexity and inefficiencies of using multiple applications to manage and optimize their marketing and customer experience operations. Their use of fragmented point solutions keeps them from achieving true customer insights and acting upon them in real time.
This is the challenge that Birdeye solves with its all-in-one reputation and customer experience platform. More than 120,000 local businesses and brands use Birdeye to be found online through local listings and reviews; engage with consumers through webchat, text, and social media messaging; collect digital payments; and gain insights to improve customer experience with survey, ticketing and benchmarking tools.
Birdeye is the leading all-in-one platform trusted by over 120,000 businesses of all sizes to manage online reputation, connect with customers, and generate insights. Founded in 2012 by Naveen (the 2021 EY Entrepreneur of the Year) and Neeraj Gupta, Birdeye is base in Palo Alto, CA, and backed by investors Marc Benioff, Jerry Yang, and Accel-KKR. Learn more at birdeye.com.
Job Title: Senior / Product Marketing Manager
Experienced and strategic Senior Product Marketing Manager to lead and drive our product marketing efforts. Stay abreast developing and executing acquisition, upsell and retention strategies. Drive cross-functional collaborations across product development, sales, marketing, and enablement teams to ensure the successful launch, positioning, and promotion of our products in the North America market.
- Product Positioning and Messaging: Develop and refine compelling product positioning and messaging that resonates with target audiences and clearly communicates the unique value of our products.
- Go-to-Market Strategy: Create comprehensive go-to-market plans for new product launches, including market research, competitive analysis, pricing strategies, Value proposition, ICPs / segmentation mapping, Upsell and adoption plan.
- Product Launch Management: Plan and execute successful product launches, coordinating with cross-functional teams to ensure alignment on timelines, resources, and deliverables.
- Market Research: Conduct market research to identify market trends, customer needs, and competitive insights, and use this information to shape product development and marketing strategies.
- Competitive Analysis: Monitor and analyze the competitive landscape, providing insights to help the company maintain a competitive edge.
- Pipeline / Win-loss Analysis: Understand and monitor product pipeline to identify sales trends, buying triggers, loss patterns. Act on insights to improve win rates.
- Sales Enablement: Develop sales collateral, tools, and training programs to empower the sales team to effectively communicate product value propositions and sell products.
- Content Creation: Collaborate with content creators to develop compelling product-specific content, including whitepapers, case studies, webinars, and blog posts.
- Customer Engagement: Establish and maintain relationships with key customers to gather feedback and insights that inform product improvements and marketing strategies.
- Metrics and Analysis: Define and track key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure the success of product marketing efforts, and continually optimize strategies based on data-driven insights.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Work closely with product management, sales, and other departments to ensure alignment and collaboration on product and marketing strategies.
- Master’s/Bachelor's degree in marketing, business, or a related field (MBA is a plus).
- 8-12+ years of experience in marketing with at least 6-7 years in product marketing, with a track record of successfully launching and promoting products.
- Strong analytical, strategic thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team environment.
- Experience with market research and competitive analysis.
- Proficiency in marketing and analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics, Salesforce, marketing automation software).
- Demonstrated leadership and project management skills.
- Industry knowledge and expertise in the relevant product category is a plus.
- Experience in running product marketing for SaaS, Martech, CX is plus