Senior Business Development Representative, Mid-market
Once upon a time, local businesses could attract customers through advertising and word of mouth. But today consumers choose businesses based on online reputation and digital experiences. The modern marketer must deliver exceptional experiences that create repeat customers, and they need a platform that can do this at scale. Local businesses often struggle to overcome the complexity and inefficiencies that come from using multiple applications to manage and optimize their marketing and customer experience operations. They often find that their use of fragmented point solutions keeps them from achieving true customer insights - and from acting upon them in real time.
This is the challenge that Birdeye solves with its all-in-one reputation and customer experience platform. More than 120,000 local businesses and brands use Birdeye to be found online through local listings and reviews; engage with consumers through webchat, text, and social media messaging; collect digital payments; and gain insights to improve customer experience with survey, ticketing and benchmarking tools.
Founded in 2012 and headquartered in Palo Alto, Birdeye is led by a team of industry experts and innovators from Google, Amazon, Salesforce, and Yahoo and in 2021, our CEO and Co-founder was named 2021 EY Entrepreneur of the Year. Birdeye is backed by the who’s who of Silicon Valley - Salesforce founder Marc Benioff, Yahoo co-founder Jerry Yang, Trinity Ventures, and World Innovation Lab - and recently closed a $60 million Series C funding round led by Accel-KKR, a leading technology-focused investment firm. Learn more at birdeye.com.
What You'll Do
As a Business Development Representative you will drive Birdeye forward by generating and qualifying a high-quality pipeline for our Account Executive team. Sitting at the top of our sales funnel, you will have the opportunity to create a great first impression for prospective clients and effectively articulate the value proposition of Birdeye. By using strategic research and a technology suite, you will identify, nurture and qualify new leads to generate well researched, qualified meetings for our Account Executive team.
You will be a part of a collaborative sales culture dedicated to innovation and the development of its team members, while maintaining a fun and rewarding atmosphere. As a valuable contributor to the BDR team, you will have growth opportunities into upper sales positions.
- Create a lasting and positive first impression of Birdeye for our prospects
- Become an expert at articulating our value proposition to anyone who asks (or who doesn’t ask)
- Create successful cold calling and email campaigns targeting new prospects
- Partner with our account executive team to help generate meetings, build sales pipeline and drive deals
- Discover new leads through internet research and social media monitoring/messaging, using tools such as LinkedIn Navigator
- Manage prospecting status, data integrity, and forecasting in Salesforce
- Identifying champions and key stakeholders within target accounts
- Meet all key performance metrics and goals on a weekly and monthly basis
- You have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- Excellent communication skills fluency (written and verbal) in English
- 2.5+ years outbound cold-calling into US-based businesses, D2D or direct consultative sales experience
- Experience working with a CRM or sales enablement tool (salesloft, outreach, salesforce, etc.)
- Drive to succeed and be promoted
- Highly organized and able to adapt to changing priorities
- Coachable and resilient in the face of objections and rejection
- Exceptional listening skills combined with the ability to synthesize information
Why You’ll Join Us
At Birdeye, we seek to innovate and to be the #1 product in our category, which means we continually raise the bar to deliver meaningful results for ourselves and our customers. Our quality is world-class. We deliver what we commit and roll up our sleeves and get work done.
Working at Birdeye means being part of a tight-knit community that helps you succeed and celebrates your wins! We find strength in diversity and inclusion, actively seek different points of view, and ask everyone to be their authentic self at all times.