Sales Commission Analyst
Once upon a time, local businesses could attract customers through advertising and word of mouth. But today consumers choose businesses based on online reputation and digital experiences. The modern marketer must deliver exceptional experiences that create repeat customers, and they need a platform that can do this at scale. Local businesses often struggle to overcome the complexity and inefficiencies that come from using multiple applications to manage and optimize their marketing and customer experience operations. They often find that their use of fragmented point solutions keeps them from achieving true customer insights - and from acting upon them in real time.
This is the challenge that Birdeye solves with its all-in-one reputation and customer experience platform. More than 120,000 local businesses and brands use Birdeye to be found online through local listings and reviews; engage with consumers through webchat, text, and social media messaging; collect digital payments; and gain insights to improve customer experience with survey, ticketing and benchmarking tools.
Founded in 2012 and headquartered in Palo Alto, Birdeye is led by a team of industry experts and innovators from Google, Amazon, Salesforce, and Yahoo and in 2021, our CEO and Co-founder was named 2021 EY Entrepreneur of the Year. Birdeye is backed by the who’s who of Silicon Valley - Salesforce founder Marc Benioff, Yahoo co-founder Jerry Yang, Trinity Ventures, and World Innovation Lab - and recently closed a $60 million Series C funding round led by Accel-KKR, a leading technology-focused investment firm. Learn more at birdeye.com
What You’ll Do
Birdeye is looking for a Sales Commissions Analyst who will report to the Sales Commission Manager and be responsible for a variety of accounting activities related to commissions calculations, and employee compensation matters. You will manage day- to-day operations and the month-end process for crediting activities supporting our global Revenue Ops team. You will also collaborate cross-functionally with revenue operations teams, finance, and operational teams alike to scale and improve our compensation processes.
The successful candidate is expected to turn data into actionable insights, connect the dots between short-term operational plans and long-term financial goals, and analyze trends for performance reporting. This role will support our US Sales and Finance teams, hence the successful candidate is expected to work during US working hours.
- Manage all commission compensation according to documented sales plans and ensure compensation is properly calculated and accounted for and settled in the appropriate timeframes.
- Maintain a deep understanding of compensation plans, source data, and calculation software like Xactly.
- Work with the sales team to get the signed Compensation docs and update the listing.
- Manage expense amortization and work closely with the finance team on monthly and quarterly commission calculations and statements.
- Ensure the accuracy of data and inputs in conjunction with the BizApps, HR, Revenue Operations, and FP&A teams.
- Support the sales team by resolving commission payment inquiries
- Work with the accounting team on month-end, quarter-end, and year-end accounting journal entries and activities including account reconciliations and roll forward schedules.
- Support other groups with ad hoc analysis and projects, as required
- Implement, manage, and work on commission software to calculate the sales commission.
- 3+ years of working in a financial analytical capacity in a sales/and or commissions analyst role.
- Prior experience managing sales compensation planning, calculation, and review.
- Experience in using the Xactly compensation system is a plus
- Strong sense of ownership (own the end-to-end process)
- A self-starter who can operate independently
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Superior Excel skills and proficiency with complex financial models
- A high degree of proficiency with SFDC.
Why You’ll Join Us
As relentless innovators, we make excellence a habit. We know that building beautiful things means shattering walls, so we’re bold, scrappy, and love a good challenge. We’re obsessed with our customers. We put their happiness at the center of every decision, and we view our customers’ weaknesses and successes as our own.
Working at Birdeye means being part of a tight-knit family that helps you succeed and loves to celebrate with you. We find strength in diversity and inclusion, so we strive to find different points of view and expect everyone to represent their authentic self at all times.