Lead Software Developer
Once upon a time, local businesses could attract customers through advertising and word of mouth. However, that has all changed. Today consumers choose where to spend their money based on online reputation and digital experiences. Modern companies must deliver exceptional experiences that create repeat customers and need a platform that can do this at scale. Local businesses often need help to overcome the complexity and inefficiencies of using multiple applications to manage and optimize their marketing and customer experience operations. Their use of fragmented point solutions keeps them from achieving true customer insights and acting upon them in real time.
This is the challenge that Birdeye solves with its all-in-one reputation and customer experience platform. More than 120,000 local businesses and brands use Birdeye to be found online through local listings and reviews; engage with consumers through webchat, text, and social media messaging; collect digital payments; and gain insights to improve customer experience with survey, ticketing and benchmarking tools.
Birdeye is the leading all-in-one platform trusted by over 120,000 businesses of all sizes to manage online reputation, connect with customers, and generate insights. Founded in 2012 by Naveen (the 2021 EY Entrepreneur of the Year) and Neeraj Gupta, Birdeye is base in Palo Alto, CA, and backed by investors Marc Benioff, Jerry Yang, and Accel-KKR. Learn more at birdeye.com.
Desirable Skills / Experience:
- Experience with mentoring Fellow developers would be a plus.
- Experience with chat applications would be a plus
- Familiarity with WebSockets & Firebase
- Experience with solving performance issues would be a plus.
- Experience with TypeScript and writing modular test cases would be a plus but not necessary.
- 5+ years of experience in developing front-end applications at scale.
- Understanding of the DOM
- Experience with frameworks like React.js, Redux, and Node.js.
- A basic aptitude with problem-solving skills and data structures.
- Understanding of browser caching and browser performance.
- Experience in writing modular/reusable code and using JS frameworks.
- Experience with seamless integration of front-end to backend functionality.
- Regard for optimizations that focus on delivering content to the user as quickly as possible.
- Abiltiy to communicate strongly with different stake holders