Sales Enablement Onboarding Trainer
Once upon a time, local businesses could attract customers through advertising and word of mouth. But today consumers choose businesses based on online reputation and digital experiences. The modern marketer must deliver exceptional experiences that create repeat customers, and they need a platform that can do this at scale. Local businesses often struggle to overcome the complexity and inefficiencies that come from using multiple applications to manage and optimize their marketing and customer experience operations. They often find that their use of fragmented point solutions keeps them from achieving true customer insights - and from acting upon them in real time.
This is the challenge that Birdeye solves with its all-in-one reputation and customer experience platform. More than 120,000 local businesses and brands use Birdeye to be found online through local listings and reviews; engage with consumers through webchat, text, and social media messaging; collect digital payments; and gain insights to improve customer experience with survey, ticketing and benchmarking tools.
Founded in 2012 and headquartered in Palo Alto, Birdeye is led by a team of industry experts and innovators from Google, Amazon, Salesforce, and Yahoo and in 2021, our CEO and Co-founder was named 2021 EY Entrepreneur of the Year. Birdeye is backed by the who’s who of Silicon Valley - Salesforce founder Marc Benioff, Yahoo co-founder Jerry Yang, Trinity Ventures, and World Innovation Lab - and recently closed a $60 million Series C funding round led by Accel-KKR, a leading technology-focused investment firm. Learn more at birdeye.com
What You’ll Do
The ideal candidate for the Onboarding Sales Trainer role is a sales professional who is well-versed in a multitude of sales strategies, methodologies, and seller profiles. This role will work alongside other enablement individuals and frontline managers to understand and strengthen the skill sets of our newest sellers through robust coaching programs.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Be part of the team that manages, develops and administers the onboarding program for new sales reps that effectively engages, teaches and encourages positive behavior from sales reps
- Create, plan, organize, and deliver engaging and effective coaching programs for ramping sales professionals
- Work with cross-functional teams to align on initiatives, product updates, and business priorities and continuously update programs accordingly
- Identify performance gaps within the sales organization and design onboarding content to improve and influence results, working closely with sales leaders
- Engage cross-functional subject matter experts to share expertise in onboarding sessions as needed
- Manage the use of relevant learning and development tools and software
- Organize and deliver instructor-led training throughout ramping period to test capabilities on core sales skills
- Manage sales coaching tools, including updating coaching-related content and assisting with associated training
- Track effectiveness of sales coaching by identifying core metrics and key performance indicators (KPIs) and measuring performance accordingly
Desired Skills And Experience
- BA/BS degree required
- 2-4 years of selling experience, preferably in a quota-carrying role
- Sales training and mentoring experience a bonus
- Experience in the application of various sales methodologies
- Experience with CRM, learning management systems, and sales enablement tools
- Proven success as a mentor/coach to sales professionals
- Extreme attention to detail and organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong desire to work in a collaborative environment, as well as be a self-motivated teammate
Why You’ll Join Us
At Birdeye, we seek to innovate and to be the #1 product in our category, which means we continually raise the bar to deliver meaningful results for ourselves and our customers. Our quality is world-class. We deliver what we commit and roll up our prayers sleeves and get work done.
Working at Birdeye means being part of a tight-knit community that helps you succeed and celebrates your wins! We find strength in diversity and inclusion, actively seek different points of view, and ask everyone to be their authentic self at all times.
- 100% Employer-paid benefit plans available for employees with multiple health plan options (HSA, PPO)
- Flexible PTO
- 401(k) with company match
- Flexible work from home options available