Account Manager, Commercial
Once upon a time, local businesses could attract customers through advertising and word of mouth. However, that has all changed. Today consumers choose where to spend their money based on online reputation and digital experiences. Modern companies must deliver exceptional experiences that create repeat customers and need a platform that can do this at scale. Local businesses often need help to overcome the complexity and inefficiencies of using multiple applications to manage and optimize their marketing and customer experience operations. Their use of fragmented point solutions keeps them from achieving true customer insights and acting upon them in real time.
This is the challenge that Birdeye solves with its all-in-one reputation and customer experience platform. More than 120,000 local businesses and brands use Birdeye to be found online through local listings and reviews; engage with consumers through webchat, text, and social media messaging; collect digital payments; and gain insights to improve customer experience with survey, ticketing and benchmarking tools.
Birdeye is the leading all-in-one platform trusted by over 120,000 businesses of all sizes to manage online reputation, connect with customers, and generate insights. Founded in 2012 by Naveen (the 2021 EY Entrepreneur of the Year) and Neeraj Gupta, Birdeye is based in Palo Alto, CA, and backed by investors Marc Benioff, Jerry Yang, and Accel-KKR. Learn more at birdeye.com.
What You'll Do:
At Birdeye, the sales team is responsible for all sales efforts and the team's success is central to our move up market. As the Manager, Commercial Account Management, you’ll manage a team and help them generate demand, interest, and excitement for Birdeye while creating a steady pipeline of business to arm the Sales team.
- Full understanding of the Birdeye flywheel and product suite - becoming a true subject matter expert.
- Successfully communicate Birdeye value proposition to customers
- Experience collaborating with CS organizations
- Experience running and/or collaborating with CSMs on QBR delivery
- Creating strategy to engage with customers who are unresponsive
- Developing pricing strategies for expansion and growth
- Successfully developing rapport with top level executives within the company
- Successfully managing escalations and objections
- Adequately coach AMs on discovery and demo capabilities, leading by example on best practices
- Holistically analyze account books and find areas of opportunity, leveraging whitespace analysis to create pipeline
- Manage pipeline creation and hygiene, and effectively forecasting weekly/monthly/quarterly numbers to key stakeholders
- Develop tailored coaching plans to assist AMs in meeting quota, helping reps to identify strengths and weaknesses.
- 2-4 years in proven sales leadership in a closing role
- 4+ years in a sales role (SaaS and B2B preferred) and a top quota performer at your company
- Passion for hiring, onboarding, coaching, motivating, and developing your team
- Incredible leadership and mentorship skills with the ability to learn from others while teaching and leading an ambitious, growing team
- Experience with high growth companies and the ability to find clarity in rapidly changing environments
- Someone who has the drive to be promoted; managing a small team is not your ultimate goal
Why You’ll Join Us
At Birdeye, we seek to innovate and to be the #1 product in our category, which means we continually raise the bar to deliver meaningful results for ourselves and our customers. Our quality is world-class. We deliver what we commit and roll up our sleeves and get work done.
Working at Birdeye means being part of a tight-knit community that helps you succeed and celebrates your wins! We find strength in diversity and inclusion, actively seek different points of view, and ask everyone to be their authentic self at all times.