Manager, Customer Success Retention
Once upon a time, local businesses could attract customers through advertising and word of mouth. However, that has all changed. Today consumers choose where to spend their money based on online reputation and digital experiences. Modern companies must deliver exceptional experiences that create repeat customers and need a platform that can do this at scale. Local businesses often need help to overcome the complexity and inefficiencies of using multiple applications to manage and optimize their marketing and customer experience operations. Their use of fragmented point solutions keeps them from achieving true customer insights and acting upon them in real time.
This is the challenge that Birdeye solves with its all-in-one reputation and customer experience platform. More than 120,000 local businesses and brands use Birdeye to be found online through local listings and reviews; engage with consumers through webchat, text, and social media messaging; collect digital payments; and gain insights to improve customer experience with survey, ticketing and benchmarking tools.
Birdeye is the leading all-in-one platform trusted by over 120,000 businesses of all sizes to manage online reputation, connect with customers, and generate insights. Founded in 2012 by Naveen (the 2021 EY Entrepreneur of the Year) and Neeraj Gupta, Birdeye is based in Palo Alto, CA, and backed by investors Marc Benioff, Jerry Yang, and Accel-KKR. Learn more at birdeye.com.
Experience: People manager in product based customer Success – CSM / Retention / adoption
related disciplines in a SaaS environment.
As a Manager- Customer Success, your primary function will be to lead a team of customer success managers driving adoption with current customers / partners to help ensure a high renewal rate. You will utilize superior customer success skills, expert platform knowledge as well as reputation management best practices in order to provide consultative advice to customers so they can optimize the capabilities of the BirdEye platform.
What you’ll do
- You will be responsible for a Team of customer success managers responsible for, product adoption, account growth and product adoption. In reseller / Partner network.
- Monitor health and proactively reach out to accounts based on key metrics/events/triggers specifically those customers that have low adoption.
- Build strategies to enable the partner network and deliver results on Gross retention and Net retention.
- Coach team members on skills to drive success across the team.
- Own and forecast numbers / run QBR’s / MBR’s with clients and stakeholders.
- Monitor team performance and report on metrics regularly.
- Coach and build skills for each team member for better results.
- Define and implement strategies to ensure long term success of customers and organisation.
- Identify key improvement areas and execute plans to improve.
Why you should work at Birdeye
- We are a Silicon Valley startup achieving rocket ship status; alums from Google, Yahoo, & Amazon are leading the way.
- BirdEye is trusted by 10,000+ businesses ranging from SMBs to global F1000 brands and largest digital agencies.
- We want your help to build a world-class customer experience that makes our customers brag on us to their peers and colleagues.
- Become a part of cutting-edge reputation management technology and help our clients easily manage their reputation.
- We offer a competitive salary, healthcare benefits, 401K and PTO.
Customer Success Values in a Nutshell
- Customer Obsessed.
- We’re a meritocracy - you’re judged on performance not who you know.
- We make data-driven decisions.
- Your opinion matters - collaborative environment to help make BirdEye successful.
- People management experience management experience
- Direct customer interaction, focused on US markets, in a supervisory role.
- Good background of SaaS SMB account management, QBRs, strategies for SMB retention and reach outs etc.
- Outstanding multi-task task management skills across a varied set of responsibilities.
- Challenges status QUO and driven by goals and achievements.
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal, presentation), with the ability to explain technical subjects to non-technical end user personnel in large enterprises Ability to build credibility and trust by understanding and addressing customer requirements
- 10 years of experience in a customer facing support/success/account management/retention and growth role.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Consultative approach to account management.
- Understanding of SMB space, particularly in the specified vertical.
- Exceptional Saas product knowledge.
- Ability to effectively manage delicate customer situations
- Organized and reliable - Able to work as a team with little direction when necessary
- Knowledge of Sales force CRM a plus