Customer Success Manager, Commercial
Once upon a time, local businesses could attract customers through advertising and word of mouth. But today consumers choose businesses based on online reputation and digital experiences. The modern marketer must deliver exceptional experiences that create repeat customers, and they need a platform that can do this at scale. Local businesses often struggle to overcome the complexity and inefficiencies that come from using multiple applications to manage and optimize their marketing and customer experience operations. They often find that their use of fragmented point solutions keeps them from achieving true customer insights - and from acting upon them in real time.
This is the challenge that Birdeye solves with its all-in-one reputation and customer experience platform. More than 120,000 local businesses and brands use Birdeye to be found online through local listings and reviews; engage with consumers through webchat, text, and social media messaging; collect digital payments; and gain insights to improve customer experience with survey, ticketing and benchmarking tools.
Founded in 2012 and headquartered in Palo Alto, Birdeye is led by a team of industry experts and innovators from Google, Amazon, Salesforce, and Yahoo and in 2021, our CEO and Co-founder was named 2021 EY Entrepreneur of the Year. Birdeye is backed by the who’s who of Silicon Valley - Salesforce founder Marc Benioff, Yahoo co-founder Jerry Yang, Trinity Ventures, and World Innovation Lab - and recently closed a $60 million Series C funding round led by Accel-KKR, a leading technology-focused investment firm. Learn more at birdeye.com
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Birdeye is looking for an experienced Commercial Customer Success Manager to manage and grow our upmarket client base. As a Customer Success Manager, you will use a combination of tools to help get new Birdeye users started, learn about their business and customer experience needs, and ensure that they know how to use Birdeye to their maximum benefit. Their successes will feel like yours. You are empathetic to their specific business processes, and can craft communication and education tailored to each – this includes account onboarding, training, management, retention, renewal and expansion.
You possess high positive energy and love to work with customers and make them successful. You are an expert in CX and possess strong verbal and written communication skills. You are comfortable presenting and strategizing with C-Suite. You are a diligent worker, technically savvy, a problem solver, and do whatever it takes to deliver value to businesses. You must be able to clearly understand business needs and articulate Birdeye value proposition. You will make it your priority to positively impact and manage the customer’s overall experience with Birdeye. We’ll rely on you to listen to our business customers and use your expertise, creativity, and passion to meet their needs — and remind them that behind our awesome product are amazing people like you who are the voice of Birdeye!
- Bachelor’s degree in technology, engineering, science, mathematics, business or equivalent experience
- 3+ years experience in professional services or B2B account management, preferably in SaaS
- Proven ability in organization, project management, time management, and communication skills
- Knowledge of CX/SEM/SEO/advertising/social media
- Technical experience or aptitude in working with SaaS platform configuration and troubleshooting
- Experience with online subscription / SaaS products is a must
- Energetic extroverted personality–you love working with customers and are customer obsessed
- Enthusiasm for troubleshooting issues; excited to learn and use new products/features
- Ability to quickly grasp and succinctly explain technological and business concepts
- Proven track record in managing enterprise customer relationships and delivering results
- Ability to stay calm and manage clients even under adverse conditions
- Strong communication skills and technical aptitude
- Diligence and organization in follow-up processes – document all calls/customer interactions in CRM
Nice to have
- Experience in Customer Experience / Reputation Management, Social Media Campaigns
- Up-sell and value-selling experience
Why You’ll Join Us
At Birdeye, we seek to innovate and to be the #1 product in our category, which means we continually raise the bar to deliver meaningful results for ourselves and our customers. Our quality is world-class. We deliver what we commit and roll up our sleeves and get work done. Working at Birdeye means being part of a tight-knit community that helps you succeed and celebrates your wins! We find strength in diversity and inclusion, actively seek different points of view, and ask everyone to be their authentic self at all times.