Manager, Billing Operations
Once upon a time, local businesses could attract customers through advertising and word of mouth. But today consumers choose businesses based on online reputation and digital experiences. The modern marketer must deliver exceptional experiences that create repeat customers, and they need a platform that can do this at scale. Local businesses often struggle to overcome the complexity and inefficiencies that come from using multiple applications to manage and optimize their marketing and customer experience operations. They often find that their use of fragmented point solutions keeps them from achieving true customer insights - and from acting upon them in real time.
This is the challenge that Birdeye solves with its all-in-one reputation and customer experience platform. More than 120,000 local businesses and brands use Birdeye to be found online through local listings and reviews; engage with consumers through webchat, text, and social media messaging; collect digital payments; and gain insights to improve customer experience with survey, ticketing and benchmarking tools.
Founded in 2012 and headquartered in Palo Alto, Birdeye is led by a team of industry experts and innovators from Google, Amazon, Salesforce, and Yahoo and in 2021, our CEO and Co-founder was named 2021 EY Entrepreneur of the Year. Birdeye is backed by the who’s who of Silicon Valley - Salesforce founder Marc Benioff, Yahoo co-founder Jerry Yang, Trinity Ventures, and World Innovation Lab - and recently closed a $60 million Series C funding round led by Accel-KKR, a leading technology-focused investment firm. Learn more at birdeye.com
What You’ll Do
Birdeye is looking for a passionate and driven Billing Operations Manager to play a key role in supporting the finance, sales and success organizations. This role reports to the Revenue Accounting & Billing Operations Director and is based in Manila.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and to align billing processes with organizational objectives. Assess, develop and execute a comprehensive billing strategy in alignment with organizational goals.
- Oversee the billing process, including invoicing, ensuring payment collections, reconciliations, ensuring accuracy, compliance, and industry regulations adherence
- Address and resolve billing inquiries from Sales and Customer Success promptly, enhancing the customer billing experience for satisfaction and ensuring retention
- Train and manage a high-performing billing operations team, fostering a culture of accountability, collaboration, and continuous improvement
- Manage cases related to billing changes, credits, refunds and cancellations
- Establish and maintain strong working relationship with customers
- Collaborate with Sales and Success to solve complex billing issues, assist in account reconciliations, and ensure subscriptions align with customer contracts, identifying and implementing efficient processes for business scalability
- Own and manage the chargeback process, maintain good customer relationships, and identify opportunities for process improvement in the billing operations.
- Avalara/Sales Tax experience
- Prepare ad-hoc analysis and reports, including billing data analysis, trends, and summaries for decision-making processes. Automate and enhance dashboard KPI's to optimize key insights.
- Proficient in Salesforce Billing and billing/CRM implementation (experience in other billing and CRM software is a plus)
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles and revenue recognition is a plus
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 7+ years of billing operations experience in SaaS companies, with demonstrated efficiency in handling high volumes of cases and transactions
- Strong understanding of billing systems, proficient in Salesforce, Recurly, or other billing and CRM software
- Proven ability to lead high-performing teams, coupled with excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Knowledge of industry best practices, regulations, and compliance, including sales tax and SOX
- Experience in process improvement and/or project management, demonstrating adaptability and efficient multitasking in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; ability to articulate verbally and written, willingness to appropriately debate difficult issues, ability to think quickly
- Strong research, analytical, and problem-solving abilities, along with extreme attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and excel in a fast growing/fast paced environment delivering accuracy while managing to deadlines where adaptability is imperative
- Ability to understand broader business and financial issues and juggle multiple projects and tasks
- Maintain a positive attitude in stressful situations while excelling within a team environment
- Proficient in Salesforce and Recurly or other billing and CRM software
Why You’ll Join Us
At Birdeye, we seek to innovate and to be the #1 product in our category, which means we continually raise the bar to deliver meaningful results for ourselves and our customers. Our quality is world-class. We deliver what we commit and roll up our sleeves and get work done.
Working at Birdeye means being part of a tight-knit community that helps you succeed and celebrates your wins! We find strength in diversity and inclusion, actively seek different points of view, and ask everyone to be their authentic self at all times.