Director, Creative Design
Once upon a time, local businesses could attract customers through advertising and word of mouth. However, that has all changed. Today consumers choose where to spend their money based on online reputation and digital experiences. Modern companies must deliver exceptional experiences that create repeat customers and need a platform that can do this at scale. Local businesses often need help to overcome the complexity and inefficiencies of using multiple applications to manage and optimize their marketing and customer experience operations. Their use of fragmented point solutions keeps them from achieving true customer insights and acting upon them in real time.
This is the challenge that Birdeye solves with its all-in-one reputation and customer experience platform. More than 120,000 local businesses and brands use Birdeye to be found online through local listings and reviews; engage with consumers through webchat, text, and social media messaging; collect digital payments; and gain insights to improve customer experience with survey, ticketing and benchmarking tools.
Birdeye is the leading all-in-one platform trusted by over 120,000 businesses of all sizes to manage online reputation, connect with customers, and generate insights. Founded in 2012 by Naveen (the 2021 EY Entrepreneur of the Year) and Neeraj Gupta, Birdeye is based in Palo Alto, CA, and backed by investors Marc Benioff, Jerry Yang, and Accel-KKR. Learn more at birdeye.com.
What You’ll Do
We are seeking a highly skilled Principal Designer with a passion for and track record of creating exceptional digital user experiences. In this role, you will be responsible for creating visually stunning, world-class, and highly functional Website UX that engage and inspire with beautiful and simple designs. This is an exciting and unique opportunity to join a fast-growing tech company, learn from experts in the industry, further develop your design skills and make a lasting impact on the business and culture here at Birdeye.
- Work alongside fellow designers, writers, engineers, and marketers to bring amazing designs to life.
- Design the end-to-end user experience on our global website for all platforms (desktop, mobile web and app)
- Ideate and shape extraordinary, high-performing, interactive brand experiences on the company prospect facing digital properties.
- Make design decisions with a deep understanding of the customer persona, and the entire end-to-end user experience.
- Collaborate with designers, developers, and other stakeholders to ensure smooth and efficient project delivery.
- Implement CRO learnings at a global scale, and conduct research and analysis to inform design decisions and improve user experience.
- Keep up to date with the latest design trends and emerging technologies in web design and development.
- Develop and maintain design standards and guidelines for websites and other digital products.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize workload to meet deadlines.
- Validate your ideas throughout the lifecycle of the projects, bringing insights into design iterations to transform learnings into design decisions
Our ideal candidate
- Enthusiastic quick learner who can tackle complex problems.
- Open to feedback and prepared for change
- Fan of prototypes that can articulate rationales about the design decision.
- Planner that can break down each design step
- Champion of measuring the impact of their design work
- Confident in clearly explaining your design decisions, whether in one-on-one or group situations
- Proposing, testing and refining designs until they deliver predicted outcomes
- Inspiring the design function and helping implementing new ideas and processes
- Responsible for specific projects through to completion while helping other designers with their own tasks, processes and skills.
- Actively participating in building the design strategy for the next few years
- Giving and receiving meaningful feedback to help the team grow and develop
Great if you have
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, Web Design, or related field
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in website design and development.
- Strong portfolio demonstrating outstanding design skills, creativity, and a world-class, beautiful, and simple website design approach.
- Excellent knowledge of Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, and other design and prototyping tools.
- Strong management and mentoring skills.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Successful candidate must be amenable to work in US overlap shift (PST)
Why You’ll Join Us
At Birdeye, we seek to innovate and to be the #1 product in our category, which means we continually raise the bar to deliver meaningful results for ourselves and, most importantly, our customers. Our quality is world-class. We deliver what we commit to, roll our sleeves, and get work done.
Working at Birdeye means being part of a tight-knit community that helps you succeed and celebrates your wins! We find strength in diversity and inclusion, actively seek different points of view, and ask everyone to be their authentic self at all times.