Software Backend Engineer
Once upon a time, local businesses could attract customers through advertising and word of mouth. But today consumers choose businesses based on online reputation and digital experiences. The modern marketer must deliver exceptional experiences that create repeat customers, and they need a platform that can do this at scale. Local businesses often struggle to overcome the complexity and inefficiencies that come from using multiple applications to manage and optimize their marketing and customer experience operations. They often find that their use of fragmented point solutions keeps them from achieving true customer insights - and from acting upon them in real time.
This is the challenge that Birdeye solves with its all-in-one reputation and customer experience platform. More than 120,000 local businesses and brands use Birdeye to be found online through local listings and reviews; engage with consumers through webchat, text, and social media messaging; collect digital payments; and gain insights to improve customer experience with survey, ticketing and benchmarking tools.
Founded in 2012 and headquartered in Palo Alto, Birdeye is led by a team of industry experts and innovators from Google, Amazon, Salesforce, and Yahoo and in 2021, our CEO and Co-founder was named 2021 EY Entrepreneur of the Year. Birdeye is backed by the who’s who of Silicon Valley - Salesforce founder Marc Benioff, Yahoo co-founder Jerry Yang, Trinity Ventures, and World Innovation Lab - and recently closed a $60 million Series C funding round led by Accel-KKR, a leading technology-focused investment firm. Learn more at birdeye.com.
What You'll Do
Our engineering team works on challenging problems every day. We have a team culture that truly believes in constantly learning and improving, and our engineers are always encouraged to think big and experiment with new ideas. Our engineers are responsible for building polished products and writing high quality code by designing APIs and abstractions that are extensible and maintainable. Everyone on the engineering team has a huge impact on our product and our company.
- We’re looking for a seasoned Java developer who can build applications that can be used by millions of users.
- We are looking for a candidate who shares a passion for tackling complexity and building platforms that can scale through multiple orders of magnitude.
- We are focused on solving the hardest, most interesting challenges of developing software at scale without sacrificing stability, quality, velocity, or code health.
- Effective debugging of issues and associated fixing in a time-critical atmosphere
- B.Tech/M.Tech/MCA in Computer Science or a related field
- Strong analytical skills with good problem-solving and debugging abilities.
- Possess a sound understanding of data structures, algorithms, object-oriented design, and service-oriented architecture.
- Working knowledge of MySQL
- Experience building web applications.
- Exposure to and knowledge of software release management techniques including continuous integration and delivery.
- Very strong coding skills with a passion for writing clean code, using software development best practices, design patterns, and Junit test cases.
Why You’ll Join Us
Join a forward-thinking creative team tuned in to current and future design trends and techniques. You’ll report directly to the Creative Director and brand, and be a key team member involved in the ideation and execution of everything we do as a design team.
Whether it’s supporting our Content Team with blog images, infographics, and interactive content, working with Marketing to create landing pages, ads, and experiences for social media, or mentoring our junior designers, you’ll bring your insights and skills to bear on it all.
Come join our exciting team as we redefine Customer Experience Management. Rapid iteration, collaboration, and passion is what drives innovation within Birdeye.
To learn more, please visit: https://birdeye.com