Account Receivable and Collections Associate
Once upon a time, local businesses could attract customers through advertising and word of mouth. However, that has all changed. Today consumers choose where to spend their money based on online reputation and digital experiences. Modern companies must deliver exceptional experiences that create repeat customers and need a platform that can do this at scale. Local businesses often need help to overcome the complexity and inefficiencies of using multiple applications to manage and optimize their marketing and customer experience operations. Their use of fragmented point solutions keeps them from achieving true customer insights and acting upon them in real time.
This is the challenge that Birdeye solves with its all-in-one reputation and customer experience platform. More than 100,000 local businesses and brands use Birdeye to be found online through local listings and reviews; engage with consumers through webchat, text, and social media messaging; collect digital payments; and gain insights to improve customer experience with survey, ticketing and benchmarking tools.
Birdeye is the leading all-in-one platform trusted by over 100,000 businesses of all sizes to manage online reputation, connect with customers, and generate insights. Founded in 2012 by Naveen (the 2021 EY Entrepreneur of the Year) and Neeraj Gupta, Birdeye is based in Palo Alto, CA, and backed by investors Marc Benioff, Jerry Yang, and Accel-KKR. Learn more at birdeye.com.
What You'll Do
This position has responsibility for Billing and Account receivable. Reporting into the Director of Accounting, this individual will work with India and counterparts in the US corporate offices to ensure accuracy and timeliness of accounting information, efficient and effective processes, compliance with all laws and policies.
- Manage AR aging reports on a monthly basis. Making collection calls for past due invoices
- Create cancel cases in salesforce for retention team to follow up
- Maintain daily check deposit list and apply checks to open invoices in Billing System
- Communicate with customer on check discrepancy and resolve the issue
- Create chargeback claims with payment gateways and follow up
- Work with collection agencies to follow up in uncollectible accounts
- Monitor email inbox with customer inquiries
- Create cases for CSM and sales rep to regarding customer inquiries
- Assist with credit card declines and ensure the accuracy of address
- Review daily billing and make sure the contract is in sales force
- Send Invoice copies to customers with location level billing
Experience - 3 to 5 Years
Shift Timing- 6.30pm to 3.30am (IST)
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required
- Minimum 3 to 5 years experience in Accounts receivable and collection is required
- experience in a large multinational firm strongly preferred
- Experience within a US private company subsidiary strongly preferred
- Must possess excellent communication skills in English with ability to exchange Information with others clearly and concisely.
- Must be willing to accommodate time zone difference with US corporate offices
Why You’ll Join Us
At Birdeye, we know that our success is tied to our customers’ success, so we are continually raising the bar for ourselves and others around us to deliver meaningful results.
We seek to innovate and to be the #1 product in our category, which means we need to drive results for our customers and to always deliver what we commit.
Our quality needs to be world-class and second to none, so we are exceptionally hands-on to get work done. We roll up our sleeves and DO.
Working at Birdeye means being part of a tight-knit family that helps you succeed and loves to celebrate with you! We find strength in diversity and inclusion, so we strive to find different points of view and expect everyone to represent their authentic self at all times.