Once upon a time, local businesses could attract customers through advertising and word of mouth. However, that has all changed. Today consumers choose where to spend their money based on online reputation and digital experiences. Modern companies must deliver exceptional experiences that create repeat customers and need a platform that can do this at scale. Local businesses often need help to overcome the complexity and inefficiencies of using multiple applications to manage and optimize their marketing and customer experience operations. Their use of fragmented point solutions keeps them from achieving true customer insights and acting upon them in real time.
This is the challenge that Birdeye solves with its all-in-one reputation and customer experience platform. More than 100,000 local businesses and brands use Birdeye to be found online through local listings and reviews; engage with consumers through webchat, text, and social media messaging; collect digital payments; and gain insights to improve customer experience with survey, ticketing and benchmarking tools.
Birdeye is the leading all-in-one platform trusted by over 100,000 businesses of all sizes to manage online reputation, connect with customers, and generate insights. Founded in 2012 by Naveen (the 2021 EY Entrepreneur of the Year) and Neeraj Gupta, Birdeye is based in Palo Alto, CA, and backed by investors Marc Benioff, Jerry Yang, and Accel-KKR. Learn more at birdeye.com.
What You'll Do:
- Define, code, test and deploy new features with an emphasis on extensibility and performance.
- Work cross-functionally with the Product Management, UX Design, Engineering, and Quality Assurance teams
- Ensure best development practices, participate in code reviews, and strive to innovate in UI development
- Work independently on deliverables but also participate in a very collaborative environment with teammates from various backgrounds coming together to solve challenging problems as a team.
- 1 and a half years - 3 years experience
- Understanding of React.js and its core principles
- Familiarity with newer specifications of EcmaScript (ES2021, ES2020, ES2019, etc)
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Familiarity with code versioning tools (such as Github or Gitlab)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required as you will be coordinating with a myriad of stakeholders including, UX Design and UI Development team members, Product Management, Engineers, and QA
Good to have:
- Experience working in an agile software development environment
- Experience with NextJS framework
- Strong knowledge of web standards
- Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
What We Do
BirdEye is a Customer Driven Marketing all-in-one platform built from the ground up to help businesses turn every customer into a happy customer. The BirdEye platform enables businesses to monitor reviews from all major sites, gain new reviews, manage customer feedback, and automatically promote their good reputation across the web, social media, and search engines.
BirdEye Customer Experience Platform converts in-moment feedback into swift corrective actions, leading to positive experiences; our natural language processing and big data engine gleans all the customer feedback to provide businesses with actionable insights and competitive benchmarking to fine-tune products, services, and operations.
BirdEye closes the loop on customer experience and reputation management turning customer feedback into the next-generation marketing engine. BirdEye was founded in 2012, and we are now over 170 employees strong and obsessing every day about our over 22.000 customers. We have offices in Palo Alto, Sacramento, Denver, Dallas and New Delhi.
In addition to our relentless focus on the customer, we’ve received over $30 million in venture funding, we’ve won a PnP Hottest Startup Award and a Silver Stevie Award in 2016 and rank #15 on Saas1000, the Index of the fastest growing Saas companies. We aren’t slowing down anytime soon.