FP&A Manager, Marketing
Once upon a time, local businesses could attract customers through advertising and word of mouth. However, that has all changed. Today consumers choose where to spend their money based on online reputation and digital experiences. Modern companies must deliver exceptional experiences that create repeat customers and need a platform that can do this at scale. Local businesses often need help to overcome the complexity and inefficiencies of using multiple applications to manage and optimize their marketing and customer experience operations. Their use of fragmented point solutions keeps them from achieving true customer insights and acting upon them in real time.
This is the challenge that Birdeye solves with its all-in-one reputation and customer experience platform. More than 100,000 local businesses and brands use Birdeye to be found online through local listings and reviews; engage with consumers through webchat, text, and social media messaging; collect digital payments; and gain insights to improve customer experience with survey, ticketing and benchmarking tools.
Birdeye is the leading all-in-one platform trusted by over 100,000 businesses of all sizes to manage online reputation, connect with customers, and generate insights. Founded in 2012 by Naveen (the 2021 EY Entrepreneur of the Year) and Neeraj Gupta, Birdeye is based in Palo Alto, CA, and backed by investors Marc Benioff, Jerry Yang, and Accel-KKR. Learn more at birdeye.com.
What You’ll Do
Birdeye is looking for a driven finance professional to play a key role in reporting and planning activities in addition to providing key analytics in support of Birdeye’s global Marketing organization. The role will be responsible for collecting, validating, analyzing, and communicating financial and operational data to drive key business decisions and efficiency in growing our global Marketing teams.
- Manage the annual financial and operational budget and the quarterly and monthly financial forecasts for the Marketing organization
- Support the CMO and Marketing Channel Managers with financials and key business metrics, including campaign-level ROI analysis, Marketing Channel funnel metrics, allocating expenses to Marketing Channels to calculate Channel level CAC Payback
- Develop and maintain financial models to track and analyze investment priorities and evaluate potential alternatives and their impact on the company's overall performance
- Perform actual vs. budget variance analysis and identify any risks or opportunities associated with reported financial data; provide monthly expense, capital, and headcount forecasts
- Design and deliver robust and scalable sales reporting methodology where you can quickly synthesize information, structure a concise, clear presentation of findings to an executive audience
- Master’s degree in Finance from a reputed institute and/or CA/CMA/CS qualified/Semi Qualified
- 8+ years of experience in FP&A, Accounting, Banking, Consulting, or similar field, including 2+ years of Core FPA experience in the SaaS industry
- Proven success in understanding businesses and model-building; cross-functional collaboration to implement new processes
- Strong analytical mindset with an attention to detail and the ability to identify and quickly resolve data issues / needs
- Excellent communication skills
- Thrive in fast paced startup work environment and manage tight deadlines; Flexible and adaptable to change of priorities
- Positive, can do attitude
- Advanced Excel skills; Proficiency in Salesforce, NetSuite, and other relevant financial systems/software
Why You’ll Join Us
At Birdeye, we seek to innovate and to be the #1 product in our category, which means we continually raise the bar to deliver meaningful results for ourselves and our customers. Our quality is world-class. We deliver what we commit and roll up our prayers sleeves and get work done.
Working at Birdeye means being part of a tight-knit community that helps you succeed and celebrates your wins! We find strength in diversity and inclusion, actively seek different points of view, and ask everyone to be their authentic self at all times.
- Flexible work from home options available
- 100% Employer-paid benefit plans available for employees with multiple health plan options (HSA, PPO)
- Flexible PTO
- 401(k) with company match
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Employee Resource Groups - network with like-minded "Birds"
- Abundant opportunities that come with a dynamic and fast-growing organization!