Sr. Business Development Representative - Channel
Who are we?
Birdeye is a high-growth software company with 1000+ Global employees with offices in Sydney, Melbourne, London, San Francisco, Dallas, India and the Philippines.
Australia’s leading all-in-one customer experience and reputation management platform - trusted by thousands of local businesses. Easily attract local leads, generate 5-star reviews, and automate repetitive tasks and messages.
We are backed by some of the biggest names in Silicon Valley and are charging towards one of the most successful IPOs in recent times.
Trusted by 100,000+ businesses who use the software everyday to attract new leads with Listings, Reviews and Referrals, convert them into customers with Webchat, Appointments and Payments, and delight those customers with Surveys, Ticketing, and Insights - all in one place.
We help our customers achieve amazing results through the perfect combination of locally based digital marketing experts and cutting-edge software working together.
What You’ll Do
The Business Development Rep in the Channel team candidate will be responsible for the outbound campaigns of their segment, qualifying active buying interest and identifying critical C-Suite decision-makers.
You will be provided "accounts" in the form of Digital Marketing Agencies or other businesses potentially suited to reselling Birdeye software suite. You will be responsible for finding the appropriate contacts at these businesses, completing research & reaching out to them via channels such as phone, email and Linkedin to determine if they are suitable businesses that would benefit from Birdeye offering.
Upon determining if they are suitable based on our ICP requirements, you will be responsible for booking a discovery meeting with a channel account executive.
Before this meeting is held you will be required to provide information to the account executive to help them understand the customer's pain points and other specific information gathered. You will also attend the first section of the discovery meeting to introduce the account executive to the potential client.
Outside of the accounts provided to you, there is also an opportunity to source accounts of your own and, from time to time, you may be provided with additional inbound leads from various marketing channels. The primary objectives to measure success in this role will be revenue generated and meetings booked. The KPIs used to manage performance will include but not be limited to the number of phone calls, emails, and messages known as “Activity points”.
You will receive best-in-class initial and ongoing training, and be given a clear career progression path.
The role is suited to someone with a highly driven "hunter" type mentality and who is not afraid to pick up the phone.
- Conduct outbound calls to cold leads to generate new business (digital marketing agencies)
- Conduct online research on potential customers
- Data entry into in-house/external systems and CRM (SalesForce)
- Overcome objections effectively and in a friendly manner
- Reach out to potential clients through media channels such as Email or LinkedIn
- Minimum 1 year experience in a phone sales role as part of a SaaS or B2B company
- Experience working with or at a Digital Marketing Agency or selling to them is highly regarded
- Experience selling to Executives C-Suite (CEOs, CFOs, MDs etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication, listening and negotiation skills
- Self-motivated, goal goal-oriented, with a proven history of meeting or exceeding sales goals
- Eager and driven to learn and thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
- $80k - $90k salary per year + super. $150k - $170k OTE
- Office is in Rosebery, Sydney, close to The Cannery.
- Regular Social activities + 4 pm Friday finish (drinks from 3.30). Early summer finishes,
- Flexible working and WFH options
- Monthly me time (late start or early finish)
- Company anniversary presents
- Birthday leave
- Discounted Bupa health insurance
- Paid parental leave