Manager, Sales Engineering
Once upon a time, local businesses could attract customers through advertising and word of mouth. However, that has all changed. Today consumers choose where to spend their money based on online reputation and digital experiences. Modern companies must deliver exceptional experiences that create repeat customers and need a platform that can do this at scale. Local businesses often need help to overcome the complexity and inefficiencies of using multiple applications to manage and optimize their marketing and customer experience operations. Their use of fragmented point solutions keeps them from achieving true customer insights and acting upon them in real time.
This is the challenge that Birdeye solves with its all-in-one reputation and customer experience platform. More than 100,000 local businesses and brands use Birdeye to be found online through local listings and reviews; engage with consumers through webchat, text, and social media messaging; collect digital payments; and gain insights to improve customer experience with survey, ticketing and benchmarking tools.
Birdeye is the leading all-in-one platform trusted by over 100,000 businesses of all sizes to manage online reputation, connect with customers, and generate insights. Founded in 2012 by Naveen (the 2021 EY Entrepreneur of the Year) and Neeraj Gupta, Birdeye is based in Palo Alto, CA, and backed by investors Marc Benioff, Jerry Yang, and Accel-KKR. Learn more at birdeye.com.
What You’ll Do:
Birdeye’s team is growing! Birdeye, a next-generation reputation management platform that reimagines how customer feedback is used to acquire and retain connected customers, is looking for a rockstar Solution Engineer to work remotely in the US. If you possess the right energy, competitive spirit, personal drive and the will to win, this is an opportunity that you cannot afford to miss.
The Solution Engineer’s primary responsibility is to partner with the Sales Team to uncover and understand customer requirements and propose solutions using Birdeye’s reputation management platform. Daily activities include hosting product demonstrations for potential Birdeye customers, understanding customer requirements, demonstrating Birdeye as a solution for customer needs, collaborating on product development, and articulating customer solutions to the Customer Success team when prospects become customers. Here is what you will do:
Be a key and active participant in client demos and presentations for upmarket and channel partner deals.
Articulate Birdeye’s technology and product updates to prospective customers to fit their business model
Manage the technology evaluation stage of the sales process, working in conjunction with the sales team as the key technical advisor and advocate for Birdeye products and services
Work interdepartmentally with product, implementation and sales to craft product value propositions
Develop a basic understanding of the competitive market landscape and identify key areas of competitive difference in assigned areas
Answer technical questions from clients regarding Birdeye technology, features and solutions
Establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the sales cycle with prospects
Prepare proposals/presentations for customer meetings, as needed
Demonstrate Birdeye’s products and services to prospects on site, remotely via webinar sessions, as needed
- Proficient using a SaaS solution for online demonstrations
- Previous industry experience with API’s
- Technical appetite to become a Birdeye expert
- SaaS technology background
- Strong understanding of sales, marketing and SaaS solution selling
- Experience in leading product demonstrations and online sales meetings
- Excellent communication skills required
- Ability to quickly understand customer needs and communicate a solution
- Demonstrated ability to work in an online sales environment
- Previous employment working for a SaaS company preferred
- Ability to analyze data with excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and juggle multiple priorities
Nice to have
- Previous experience working in sales overlay / sales support preferred
- Technical curiosity and a desire to fully explore the technology at hand is a big plus
- Salesforce.com experience preferred
- Excellent Microsoft Office Suite proficiency
- Excellent written, phone, video chat, and communication skills
- Well-organized, attentive to details, and possess clear communication and relationship skills
- A team player capable of high performance and flexibility working in a dynamic environment
- Ability to quickly understand business requirements and expectations; detail oriented
- BA/BS or equivalent work experience required
- Previous SaaS support experience a plus
Why You’ll Join Us:
At Birdeye, we know that our success is tied to our customers’ success, so we are continually raising the bar for ourselves and others around us to deliver meaningful results.
We seek to innovate and to be the #1 product in our category, which means we need to drive results for our customers and to always deliver what we commit.
Our quality needs to be world-class and second to none, so we are exceptionally hands-on to get work done. We roll up our sleeves and DO.
Working at Birdeye means being part of a tight-knit family that helps you succeed and loves to celebrate with you! We find strength in diversity and inclusion, so we strive to find different points of view and expect everyone to represent their authentic self at all times.
- 100% Employer-paid benefits with multiple health plan options (HSA, PPO) for employees
- Unlimited PTO
- 401(k) with company match
- Flexible work from home options available
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Employee Resource Groups - network with like-minded "Birds"
- Abundant opportunities that come with a dynamic and fast-growing organization!