About the team
Beautiful.ai is changing the way the world presents by building fast, foolproof tools that enable anyone to tell visual stories that win. We are looking for a dynamic and talented product designer to join us in our pursuit!
The Beautiful.ai team is a playful, driven, and passionate group of pet-lovers, video-gamers, and pickleball enthusiasts. With a globally-distributed remote team and a San Francisco-based office, we find unique opportunities to get to know each other personally, while delivering on our goals. Data-driven decision making and an outcomes-focused mindset are core to our way of working.
About the role
In this critical role, you will create a step-change in the quality of our user experience by designing and improving UI and UX patterns for product features. You will also be responsible for the visual design of the millions of presentations created in Beautiful.ai by defining and creating new Smart Slide templates. You will deeply empathize with customers, use data to evolve our design practices, and deliver an end user experience superior to that of our competitors.
As an early member of the product team, you’ll also help shape product and design processes and values as the team expands, and you’ll have the opportunity to grow and develop rapidly. You’ll demonstrate our team values and principles: https://www.beautiful.ai/player/-NdBidkvDiHxB6E029xE
This role will report directly to the Head of Product and Growth.
What you’ll do
- Design product features: You will be responsible for the end user’s comprehension and successful adoption of product features. You will design intuitive and delightful UI and UX for new and existing features and ensure your designs are implemented as-specified. You will fiercely advocate for the end user experience and take the initiative to make improvements when we’re falling short.
- Design Smart Slides: You will distill complex concepts into simple, intuitive, and easy-to-understand visualizations. You will use both creative and analytical thinking to skillfully craft visually stunning slide concepts and logically articulate how they scale with more information. You are a Figma prototype aficionado and know how to collaborate closely with engineering to iterate on your designs.
- Implement Design Systems: You will create product design patterns that are intuitive, practical, and convergent. As our company scales, you will intentionally evolve our design system.
- Data-Driven Design Approach: You will utilize a robust, data-driven approach to design, leveraging metrics to inform your design decisions.
- Elevate User Experience: You will transform vague conceptual problems into accessible mental models that translate into delightful user experiences. You enjoy taking broad ideas and distilling them into practical, valuable flows and interfaces.
- Uphold High Standards: You will maintain high standards for usability, functionality, and visual appeal, balancing meticulous attention to detail with the broader company vision.
- Lead with Influence: You will guide, inspire, and shape decisions and outcomes through your personal impact. You will exhibit strong, yet adaptable beliefs, demonstrate excellent listening skills, and collaborate effectively with various stakeholders. You will observe and internalize all inputs and feedback to help you reach optimal decisions.
- Collaborative Teamwork: You will work alongside PMs, engineers, and brand designers to ensure the timely and accurate delivery of designs.
- Engage with Customers: You will conduct user interviews, create detailed user profiles, and clearly define problems. You will actively apply this knowledge to guide and iterate upon your design efforts and share your thinking with the broader team.
- Understand Ideal Customer Profile (ICP): You will deeply empathize with our ICP, refine personas, and incorporate this understanding into your design strategies. You will seek to understand the needs of customers, then explore and advocate for the strongest user experiences to solve their problems.
- Collaboration with Brand Team: You will work closely with the Marketing team to create compelling stories across various channels, including the website, product, help guides, and more.
- You have 3+ of experience in UI and UX design
- You have experience working in Figma and Adobe After Effects
- You are well-versed in professional slide design, familiar with common design patterns, visualizations, best practices, and trends.
- You are obsessed with quality and have meticulous attention to detail.
- You have an entrepreneurial hustle and are a proven self-starter with an ownership mentality.
- You are willing to get your hands dirty, lead by example, and engage with customers directly.
- You are enthusiastic and resilient in a constantly evolving environment where processes are fluid and creative solutions are the norm.
- Bonus points:
- If you've read any of Edward Tufte’s books
- If you are a designer who can also code!
- 100% Medical/Dental/Vision insurance covered for the employee / 60%-65% covered for dependents
- FSA and Commuter Benefits
- Life / AD&D and Disability Coverage
- Competitive Equity with a 4 year vesting schedule
- Parental leave for birthing or non-birthing parents
- Comprehensive 401K program
- Open vacation policy and a fully remote work policy
Beautiful.ai is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
RECRUITMENT AGENCY POLICY
Beautiful.ai does not accept any agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our employees or email aliases. Beautiful.ai is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.