Staff Systems Engineer
About Our Team
Our small but growing Engineering team is looking for an experienced and self-motivated Staff Systems Engineer to help us build Beautiful AI. The engineering team (currently 12 employees) is creating software that enables even the least design inclined to build beautiful presentations. If you sweat the details, care deeply about everything from quality of code to quality of our users’ experience, and are looking for a team that values collaboration and teamwork, then we want to hear from you.
- Provide technical leadership in architectural decisions, guiding the system's evolution to meet scalability, robustness, and performance goals.
- Oversee the design and implementation of our system architecture, ensuring optimal integration of web applications and underlying infrastructure.
- Lead the development and optimization of Node.js microservices and collaborate closely with frontend developers working on our React applications.
- Engage in system observability, implementing alerting and monitoring solutions to preemptively detect and resolve issues.
- Monitor and optimize database operations and queries for MongoDB, Firebase, Snowflake, and Elasticsearch.
Our Tech Stack
- Server Side: Node.js with Express for API, various distributed node.js microservices
- Infrastructure on Google Cloud: App Engine, Firebase, MongoDB, PostgreSQL,Stackdriver, Storage, Elastic, etc.
- Data Warehouse: Snowflake, dbt, Stitch
- 8+ years professional web application programming experience
- Experience with modern cloud engineering and devops
- Experience with data engineering
- Experience with RESTful API design
- Experience with SQL and/or NoSQL databases with different data modeling strategies
- Experience with some or all technologies in our tech stack strongly preferred
Beautiful.ai is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law