Product Manager (Commercial) - Cash Products
Job Title: Product Manager (Commercial) – Cash Products
We are looking for an ambitious and experienced Product Manager from the capital markets FX, Cash Management, Collateral space who is passionate about building products that clients love. As a Product Manager, you will be responsible for driving product focus & collaboration with a constant focus to deliver on the organisational Objectives and key Results. You will join a dynamic and fast-paced environment and work with cross-functional teams to design, build and roll out products that deliver the company’s vision and strategy.
Master’s Degree (PMP)
● Understand the market, the industry, the client experience, the product, and champion our users to craft product strategies, generate new ideas that will improve client experience & drive long-term growth.
● Act as a product evangelist to build awareness and understanding, represent the company at industry events & clients to understand the market landscape and solicit inputs on products and services.
● Collect and analyse a wide range of inputs to identify opportunities, ensuring you are always working on the most impactful aspects by defining and measuring your OKRs.
● Own the product lifecycle in your product area through ideation, prototyping, development, launch and iteration of new capabilities and features.
● Translate product strategy into detailed requirements and prototypes, scope and prioritise activities based on business and client impact, work closely with business development, engineering & operations teams to deliver with quick time-to-market and optimal resources.
● Work with and through fun-loving, talented, and committed cross-functional team members across product, design, sales, marketing, engineering, operations, etc.
Qualifications, Experience, Skills
● At least 5 years of experience as a Product Manager with a proven record of delivering products with a significant business impact.
● Experience in financial services or Fintech – preferably in the capital markets FX & Cash Management space including:
● Knowledge of post-trade lifecycle (systems & operations), specifically post-trade confirmation, matching, netting, settlements, reconciliations
● Knowledge of SWIFT, and CLS among others desirable. Familiarity with FX (MM, NDFs, Options), OTC (IRS, FRA, etc.) desired. Familiarity with the settlement venues is desirable framework, geopolitics – impacting the financial markets
● Passionate about building great client experiences by seeking a deep understanding of user needs and turning insights into compelling solutions.
● Possess excellent analytical skills and experience in working both with qualitative insights and quantitative data to drive product decisions.
● Experience in data analytics & modelling, visual design and reporting information in non-technical terms.
● Exhibit strong problem-solving skills and willingness to roll your sleeves up to deliver & a proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle.
● Experience and knowledge with rapid and iterative software development methodologies
● Have experience in collaborating with engineers, designers, and other partners to build, ship and iterate market leading propositions.
● Post Graduate or Graduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent preferred. 6:10
● Familiarity with FX (MM, NDFs, Options), OTC (IRS, FRA, etc) desired. Familiarity with the settlement venues desirable
● Data analytics & modelling; visual design; and, reporting information in non-technical terms
● Good understanding of the market forces at work – incumbents, competitors, coopetitors, emerging technologies, digital landscape, changing business models, regulatory & legal framework, geopolitics – impacting the financial markets, strong understanding of capital markets operational risk and controls.
● Post Graduate or Graduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent preferred.
About Baton Systems
Baton Systems is the global FinTech company that’s taking a fresh approach to post-trade processing. Digitally transforming the industry’s critical market infrastructure with innovative, blockchain-inspired solutions, we empower banks to take control and address the most critical risk, capital and liquidity issues impacting post-trade today.
About Baton People
Our team of smart, energised and passionate people are at the forefront of the revolution now taking place across the entire post-trade process. Founded in 2016 by Silicon Valley technologists and capital market specialists, Baton continues to attract exceptional talent. To learn more about our leadership team click here.