Senior Manager, Global Large Deal Pursuit
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box - we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
The Deal Strategy & Operations Team
Okta is seeking a world-class large deal pursuit senior manager to globally partner with the GTM teams on our most substantial dollar value deal opportunities to grow the business and close the best deals possible. Reporting to Deal Strategy & Operations organization within Business Operations, this role will partner globally with sales and drive the internal cross-functional orchestration of large deals throughout the selling process. This person will drive strategy and best practices across our largest deal opportunities to ramp to help Okta scale to $4B+, driving innovative approaches and operational excellence to help the field win.
The Senior Manager, Global Large Deal Pursuit Opportunity
This global role requires strong cross-functional executive collaboration and influence along with the ability to deal with ambiguity, come up with creative solutions and drive urgency with quarterly business cadence while transforming for scale. This senior deal manager will have cross-functional mgt. responsibilities to drive strategic and operational deal orchestration while supporting scaling efficiency and value impact. The person in this role will work across GTM leadership and cross-functional support teams such as Legal and Finance to determine the best commercial structures for our largest deals. This senior deal manager will drive and maintain the deal strategy and operational best practices and deal performance tracking. In addition, this person will work with broader business planning teams including pricing strategy, product strategy, product launch, compliance and pricing operations along with Product, Marketing and IT teams to support successful rollout of new offers and programs to market.
As Okta rapidly launches new innovations and expands into new markets, this role is critical to our success. A successful leader in this role will have a combination of skills across deal strategy & management, customer negotiations, business value positioning, deal analytics, program management, communication, influencing and collaboration.
What you’ll be doing
- Drive deals management strategies that will help Okta scale to $4B+ in revenue
- Work closely with leaders in the GTM teams to craft deal proposals, evaluate and apply new buying programs, business models and monetization strategies
- Partner with sales team on the largest opportunities, orchestrating cross-functional engagement to achieve desired business outcomes
- Support customer facing discussions to help sales win business
- Gather GTM team feedback on deal quality and velocity improvement proposals
- Provide well-reasoned deal structuring guidelines and optimization recommendations GTM leaders across the organization
- Govern commercial terms and non-standard approvals related to deals managed
- Evaluate Key Performance Indicators to track impact of deal strategies close won opportunities
- SME support for deal enablement and training content for the sales team to help best position deal commercial terms and conditions with customers.
What you’ll bring to the role
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a deal strategy role. May consider candidates with deal experience and a combination of the following areas: strategy consulting, strategic finance or corporate strategy, ideally at a SaaS or enterprise software company to equal 5 years.
- Ability to quickly grasp new product and business model concepts, consistently apply critical and structured thinking to new areas.
- Action-oriented to solve problems and get a lot done in short timeframes.
- Demonstrated leadership experience driving complex, cross-functional execution.
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills across all levels of an organization.
And extra credit if you have experience in any of the following!
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer science, Engineering, Finance, Marketing, Business or an equivalent; MBA preferred.
Below is the annual base salary range for candidates located in California, Colorado, New York and Washington. Your actual base salary will depend on factors such as your skills, qualifications, experience, and work location. In addition, Okta offers equity (where applicable), bonus, and benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), flexible spending account, and paid leave (including PTO and parental leave) in accordance with our applicable plans and policies. To learn more about our Total Rewards program please visit: https://rewards.okta.com/us.The annual base salary range for this position for candidates located in California (excluding San Francisco Bay Area), Colorado, New York, and Washington is between:$142,000—$214,000 USD
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.