Manager, Enterprise Launch & Business Operations
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box - we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
Sr. Manager Enterprise Launch and Business Operations
We are looking for a seasoned professional to lead the end-to-end launch process of newly developed products and features for Okta’s product portfolio. In this position, you’ll become familiar with the entire product development lifecycle at one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in the world—from ideation to adoption. The ideal candidate thrives on implementing new processes, leading cross-functional teams towards a common goal and pivoting between strategic objectives and tactical execution. This role sits within Okta’s central Business Planning Function, rolling up to the President of Business Operations.
Job Duties / What This Role Entails
- Lead cross-functional teams to ensure new product launches meet readiness criteria across multiple functions: Product Management, Product Marketing, Engineering, Security, Legal, Support, Business Technology, Customer Success, Marketing (PR, AR, Social), Field Sales, and Partners.
- Identify, develop and implement operational enhancements to improve launch efficiency and customer impact.
- Create, maintain, and communicate launch process timelines, best practice guidelines, and templates company-wide to multiple stakeholders.
- Excel at facilitating cross functional result-oriented discussions, setting the tone on process outcomes and holding leaders accountable to commitments.
- Be the connector between multiple teams, securing alignment on key decisions, excelling at collaboration and bringing out the best in stakeholders.
- Define meaningful metrics to guide the launch, work closely with data and analytics teams to track performance against defined metrics and engage on results with senior leadership.
- Leverage product knowledge and technical expertise to help anticipate risk and provide mitigation and escalation paths.
- Become an advisor in Product, Go-to-Market, Support and Operational areas and assist in removing blockers as they arise to ensure successful product launches.
Qualifications / Who You Are
- At least 7 years of relevant experience in program & project management, leading product launches, and/or product strategy.
- Comprehensive experience and /or understanding of product launch lifecycle
- Excellent communication skills with a proven ability to communicate with senior management, program stakeholders, and business unit leaders on launch activities and potential risks
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, and team skills to lead staff, colleagues, and cross-functional teams
- Strong organizational and project management skills with an ability to create, execute, and adjust plans as needed
- Experience working with technical teams
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks in a dynamic environment with competing priorities.
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Below is the annual On Target Compensation (OTE) range for candidates located in California, Colorado, New York and Washington. Your actual OTE, which is inclusive of base salary and incentive compensation, will depend on factors such as your skills, qualifications, experience, and work location. In addition, Okta offers equity (where applicable) and benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), flexible spending account, and paid leave (including PTO and parental leave) in accordance with our applicable plans and policies. To learn more about our Total Rewards program please visit: https://rewards.okta.com/us.
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.