Manager, Corporate FP&A (Medium Term Planning)
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box - we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
Okta is in profitable growth mode. We are seeking an experienced, self-motivated Manager who will be a key player in, and is truly excited about, driving and effectively scaling Okta's growth. This person will report to the Director, Corporate FP&A and will partner with FP&A peers as well as with Finance Leadership and Investor Relations to lead the Medium Term Planning process. This is a fantastic opportunity for a candidate that wants to be part of a dynamic FP&A organization that is operating at an accelerated pace and scaling for the future.
The ideal candidate is highly motivated, a team player, a confident business partner, capable of driving action cross functionally, analytical, and is outstanding at FP&A. This person is comfortable operating at all levels, with eyes on the strategic big picture, while skillfully managing the financial details.Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strategic finance partner to senior leadership including the CFO, Investor Relations, FP&A, and other Finance Leadership
- Lead Okta’s medium-range planning process covering consolidated financial statements, guidance models and associated key internal and external metrics
- Provide insights, opportunities, and risks on business performance and processes to enable strategic and operational decision-making
- Collaborate with and support FP&A and other key stakeholders across the organization to enhance forecasting, scenario planning, reporting, and analyses
- Deliver and evolve existing management reporting to summarize data into insights and facilitate decision-making, partnering with data and reporting teams
- Prepare and review a range of internal and external reporting, ensuring data integrity across the different sources of information
- Leverage and improve current processes and systems to increase efficiency, accuracy, and effectiveness as the company grows and scales
- Play a key role in strategic and operational initiatives, furthering our finance transformation, delivering business analytics and insights, and making recommendations for short and long term decisions
- Manage one senior financial analyst, with the potential for further leadership opportunities over time
- Financial and Business Acumen: Ability to evaluate financial and business indicators and translate as well as distill data into actionable insights to drive results
- Leadership: Ability to manage and develop talent. More broadly, ability to influence at all levels, with a demonstrated aptitude to work effectively within a matrixed team across multiple functional areas, and be assertive in driving successful management strategies
- Execution: Ability to manage multiple tasks in a deadline-driven environment while maintaining a high level of precision and accuracy
- Relationship Management: Able to build constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of business partners, inclusive of senior leadership
- Problem Solving & Decision Quality: Ability to apply rigorous logic and sound methods to solve multi-faceted problems with effective solutions
- Analytical Skills: Ability to work independently, think objectively, and interpret meaningful and insightful narratives from both quantitative as well as qualitative data
- Presentation Skills: Effective in a variety of presentation settings including one-on-one, small, and large groups
- MBA preferred, minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or equivalent
- 5+ years of progressive experience in FP&A, with at least 2 years of Corporate Finance partnering leading forecasting processing and working on guidance models and actively partnering with IR a huge plus
- Excellent financial modeling and analysis skills
- Advanced Excel/Gsheet and PowerPoint/GSlides skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, including expertise presenting analyses to management
- Prior experience in a high-growth global high tech/software/SaaS organization is a plus
Below is the annual base salary range for candidates located in California, Colorado, New York and Washington. Your actual base salary will depend on factors such as your skills, qualifications, experience, and work location. In addition, Okta offers equity (where applicable), bonus, and benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), flexible spending account, and paid leave (including PTO and parental leave) in accordance with our applicable plans and policies. To learn more about our Total Rewards program please visit: https://rewards.okta.com/us.
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.