Sr Customer Developer Tooling (CDT) Engineer
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box - we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
Auth0 is looking for an experienced software engineer across the following technologies:
You GET developers! You know what they need, how to talk to them, how to make their lives easier, what makes them click, their dissatisfiers and their delighters. You recognize when a framework, library or product provides a great experience. Our mission on the Customer Developer Tooling (CDT) team is to provide a best-in-class developer experience for customers to enhance their end-users’ identity journey. In CDT we develop open source software with CLI and Terraform tooling to enable developers to manage their Auth0 resources at both the individual user level and at scale.
You will be working in a cross-functional team alongside the developer evangelist, onboarding, growth, dashboard, community, tooling, and SDK teams to provide the best developer experience for the technologies you own.
The most important qualifications for this position are software engineering expertise, empathy, and self-direction.
You will be:
- Develop new features and maintain our products, such as CLI tooling and Terraform provider
- Directly shaping and developing our open source repositories and championing best practises
- Championing Auth0 by engaging directly with the community.
- Working alongside our Engineering, Product & Security teams to deliver features that delight our customers.
- Ensuring our customers have an exceptional experience with our products.
You'd be a great fit if you:
- Have developed tools such as CLIs that are to be consumed and used by other developers
- Have experience with Terraform and developing Terraform providers
- Have strong experience with unit, integration, end-to-end, and performance testing
- Are passionate about delivering a fantastic developer experience
- You are able to work in a team environment, have good communication skills and understand the value of collaboration
- Understanding of CI platforms such as GitHub Actions or CircleCI
- A deep understanding of writing, running, maintaining and debugging applications.
- The ability to communicate effectively in person and in writing as a presenter, documenter.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills: presenting, documenting, troubleshooting.
- Demonstrable experience authoring developer documentation (tutorials, blog posts, docs).
- The ability to be self-directed and be effective working independently, yet feel equally comfortable contributing in a global team environment.
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience working in distributed teams and work environments.
- Created open-source material or have contributed to open-source projects.
- Your own technical blog or have published articles on other blogs
- Knowledge in the identity and access management space.
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.