Senior Product Marketing Manager - Security
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box - we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
As the industry-leading identity management company, Okta’s aspiration is to help secure every organization in the world. Over the last 15 years, identity management has evolved from the ‘front door’ into mission-critical infrastructure that secures every touchpoint across the entire enterprise. Okta is on a journey to raise the bar on identity security globally.
To help accelerate this security journey, we are looking for a Senior Product Marketing Manager who will help tell Okta’s security story in a compelling, cohesive and relevant way. Your mission will be to elevate Okta’s profile as a security company and evangelize the need for identity as security. The ideal candidate will be able to balance diverse inputs from senior stakeholders, market insights, competitive trends and customer needs to formulate a crystal clear POV that everyone can rally around. Beyond strategy and content, the ideal candidate will also be a self-motivated, execution-oriented individual who stays focused on delivering outcomes at all times.
Build the go-to-market strategy on how to evangelize the need for identity as security. This includes defining the right investment strategy for industry events, thought leadership content, targeted campaigns, etc.
- Create differentiated security messaging for both sales and customers that conveys our security value proposition.
- Build security thought leadership programs through creating white papers, research studies, reports, etc.
- Represent Okta at security events to raise our profile and establish a unique point of view. This includes defining which security events and meetups to participate in, and helping define the messaging at those events.
- Support security product launches and new content campaigns across the company to generate maximum awareness and impact.
- Work cross-functionally with corporate security, business technology, product management, engineering, sales and enablement.
- 6+ years experience as a product marketer in cybersecurity or identity management
- Experience driving large scale, company-impacting launches
- Experience writing (or leading) security-focused thought leadership and customer-facing content
- Ability to manage senior stakeholders with differing priorities
- High sense of urgency
- A background in security software, and an understanding of the security landscape
Below is the annual On Target Compensation (OTE) range for candidates located in California, Colorado, New York and Washington. Your actual OTE, which is inclusive of base salary and incentive compensation, will depend on factors such as your skills, qualifications, experience, and work location. In addition, Okta offers equity (where applicable) and benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), flexible spending account, and paid leave (including PTO and parental leave) in accordance with our applicable plans and policies. To learn more about our Total Rewards program please visit: https://rewards.okta.com/us.
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.