Senior Services Account Executive (West)
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box - we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
The Senior Services Account Executive is a Services Sales role responsible for selling Okta Professional Services and Professional Services business development. We are looking for an experienced services sales person who excels in positioning the value of Okta Professional Services. They will be responsible for conducting customer meetings with C-level personnel and negotiating SOW terms and fees. The Services Account Executive is accountable for meeting Professional Services booking quota and is a governing partner during delivery.
You will partner with the license sales team and lead with scoping, selling, and positioning of Okta Professional Services with the goal of delighting our customers by accelerating their time to value. As a governing partner during delivery, you will provide leadership and mentoring as needed to the PS Delivery team, responsible for a smooth transition to the Delivery team, and collaborate with the Customer Success ecosystem to ensure deployment meets what was sold. Finally, you will also be responsible for the continuous improvement of services sales processes and methods.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Articulate and sell the value of Okta Services within prospective and existing accounts enterprise customers
- Work in conjunction with Sales Representatives, Sales Engineers, and Architects to define and integrate the services solution into the comprehensive Okta proposal
- Own Services pursuits (bookings quota) and revenue performance in territory
- Plan and lead Professional Services scoping activity with prospective customers and produce proposal, level of effort, Statement of Work, and resource plans
- Plan and lead Training positioning and discovery with prospective customers, make training recommendations, and ensure appropriate training is included in proposals and quotes.
- Work harmoniously with Okta channel partners on joint proposals and scoping to ensure customer success
- Being recognized by customers as a trusted advisor in product deployment and process decisions.
- Perform in a billable capacity as a governing partner during implementation to continue customer sponsor and executive relationship, and assist with critical issues and expectation coordination.
- Participate in virtual teams to assist buildout Okta Services methodologies, processes, offerings/services, and collateral
- Demonstrable experience of selling Professional Services or Technology Solutions.
- Have met and exceeded bookings and utilization targets.
- Building and maintaining positive relationships with key partners throughout a delivery process.
- Strong presentation skills: Showing the value, capabilities, and differentiators of complex service solutions using methodologies and service offerings.
- Breadth of knowledge executing the SOW/Proposal processes by scoping, producing, and delivering to the customer SOW’s that meet customers documented requirements
- Can articulate relevant customer success stories and metrics that demonstrate value to the customer.
- Some experience with technologies and protocols to support identity federation and robust access control models (e.g., SAML 2.0, XACML, WS-Federation, WS-Trust, OAuth, OpenID)
- Some knowledge of enterprise web technologies, security and state of the art infrastructures
- General knowledge of cloud architecture as well as on-premise IT landscape
- Some knowledge and experience in Identity and Access Management (IAM) and Security space preferred
- AD and LDAP experience is useful.
- SaaS experience: Salesforce, NetSuite, Workday, Okta preferred
- Project Management experience is a plus
- Ability to learn Okta solutions at a fairly technical level
- Applicants must be based on the West Coast
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Below is the annual On Target Compensation (OTE) range for candidates located in California, Colorado, New York and Washington. Your actual OTE, which is inclusive of base salary and incentive compensation, will depend on factors such as your skills, qualifications, experience, and work location. In addition, Okta offers equity (where applicable) and benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), flexible spending account, and paid leave (including PTO and parental leave) in accordance with our applicable plans and policies. To learn more about our Total Rewards program please visit: https://rewards.okta.com/us.
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.