Delivery Director, Professional Services, EMEA
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box - we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
Okta Professional Services focuses on delivering first class implementations into small businesses right through to delivering strategic engagements. A critical element of Okta’s strategy is helping all of our customers accelerate their time to value and support in nurturing the relationship with the customers, partners and business stakeholders. At Okta we believe that all customers deserve an exceptional experience. When we do this well, our customers succeed and Okta succeeds by increasing our renewal and growth rates.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Professional Services EMEA you will be responsible for leading our Delivery Services for EMEA. The role will require close partnership with the Services Sales Director and the EMEA Sales leads as well as our renewals team, CSM team, TAM team and Support team. You will set the team up for success and working with the Senior Director and Services Sales Director to set the strategic vision for how we drive quick, efficient and margin-positive delivery of all EMEA PS engagements as well as fast time to value, full adoption, high customer satisfaction and growth across the regions.
You will have a proven track record of over achieving against revenue targets and team utilisation targets. You will be comfortable consulting and negotiating with C level executives, backed up with an understanding of their business objectives. You are a strong communicator, builder, and people leader.
What you’ll be doing
- Lead and grow a diverse team of delivery professionals including but not limited to Project Managers, Technical Consultants, Architects and Team Lead(s)
- Ensure that projects and deliverables are completed on-time and within budget, and at a high level of customer satisfaction
- Oversee and execute process improvements and the development of policies, procedures, methods, and tools in support of delivery
- Be highly commercially away in margin-positive delivery and driving software sales opportunities through project extensions and cross sells, networking, industry presence, frequent customer contact, and lead development process
- Contribute significantly to proposition development including new service offerings based around Okta’s current and future product and services roadmaps
- Partner with the teams around the organisation, including but not limited to: Sales, Customer Success and Partners to ensure resources are aligned with short- and long-term demand
- Function as a customer advocate in routing information and responding to customer needs within the organisation
- Report on staffing, utilisation, project health, forecasting and financial performance for Senior Leadership
- Develop and maintain up-to-date profiles of skills, knowledge, and competencies for the PS team
- Track and manage project plans, schedules, success criteria and milestones and be able to provide the “50k ft view” into engagements
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of current product offerings
- Deliver online and on-site presentations, tailored to each prospective customer’s needs working hand in hand with the Services Sale Director
- Where appropriate be the “voice of Okta” in critical delivery escalations, coordinating responses and being both accountable and responsible to get delivery and outcomes back on track
What you’ll bring to the role
- In-depth Professional Services experience operating within a large globally-recognised software vendor or large Consulting provider
- Proven Professional Services leader, with experience managing a team responsible for $20M+ revenue targets
- Experience selling professional services related to digital transformation
- Travel may be up to 50%
- Relentless focus on excellence, growth, innovation and high delivery and operational excellence
- Well established track record of producing high quality results while establishing/maintaining customer relationships at all levels
- Applicants must be located within London or a reasonable commutable distance
- Be able to travel to the office 2 to 3 times a week
- Demonstrated ability to build and lead teams of various size in delivery of services to customer, including leading remote or offshore resources
- Ability to formulate and express ideas clearly and effectively in verbal and written presentations
Okta’s Top 5 Core Leadership Competencies are part of the deeply ingrained principles that guide all of our company’s actions. They also align strongly to our cultural cornerstones, our Okta values: love our customers, empower our people, never stop innovating, act with integrity, and maintain transparency. It’s our expectation that our managers and leaders embody these core competencies:
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organisation’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.