Associate Renewals Manager, Japan
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box - we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
As a Renewal Manager, you will manage and renew customer contracts to ensure customer retention and revenue growth. You will work closely with sales, customer success, and other cross-functional teams to develop and execute renewal strategies.
The Renewal Manager is a customer-facing role and understands it's not just a transactional role but a strategic role in capitalizing on the opportunity to validate their value with Okta and renew their service for another term.
Below are some key attributes of a Renewals Manager:
- Customer Relationships: Build and maintain strong relationships with customers, understand their needs, and proactively engage them to ensure timely renewals. Provide excellent customer service and address customer concerns or issues promptly and satisfactorily.
- Sales and Negotiation Skills: Demonstrate solid sales and negotiation skills to successfully renew customer contracts at favorable terms. Identify upsell and cross-sell opportunities to drive revenue growth. Prepare and deliver compelling sales presentations to customers to articulate the value of renewing their contracts. Understand the best strategies for objection handling.
- Analytical and Strategic Thinking: Analyze data and metrics to identify renewal risks, opportunities, and trends. Develop and execute strategic renewal plans tailored to each customer's unique requirements, including contract terms, pricing, and product/service offerings.
- Collaboration and Teamwork: Collaborate with internal teams, such as sales, customer success and legal, to ensure a seamless renewal process. Work closely with the sales team to align on account strategies, identify customer expansion opportunities, and resolve any customer-related issues.
- Organization and Time Management: Manage a large portfolio of customer contracts and renewals, ensuring timely follow-up, documentation, and completion of renewal activities. Prioritize tasks and manage time effectively to meet renewal deadlines and achieve renewal targets.
- Solution knowledge: Utilize strong knowledge of Okta’s solutions, products, and contract structures to position the best renewal options and minimize friction in the renewal process. Understands value-based positioning and can link and communicate it to C-Suite personnel and procurement. They are skilled in objection handling and positioning new products and support products.
- Forecasting: Responsible for seeking and utilizing information in our systems and from the account team to forecast short- and long-term renewals.
- Team: Work closely with the local team to share knowledge and learn from each other.
You would be Ideal for this role if you have:
- Experience in renewals, customer success, sales, account management or equivalent customer-facing role
- Comfort negotiating complex license agreements, ranging up to $10K-$150K+ in ARR
- Ability to tactfully close deals with a high degree of integrity and independence
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Strong oral, written and presentation skills both in Japanese and English
- Ability to organize, prioritize, complete activities and meet deadlines daily
- Requires the ability to manage several concurrent renewals simultaneously and work with internal teams and role-based activities.
- Ability to manage the spikes in workload related to end-of-quarters
- Experience recording information in CRM systems
- Team player who enjoys assisting where needed and finding ways to help
- High activity level, enthusiastic, self-motivated, tenacious
- Proven influencer and negotiator
- Someone who is focused on continuous improvement
- Flexibility to occasionally attend global meetings, training, kickoffs, and other things.
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.