Specialist, Technical Account Manager - ENT West
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box - we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
Technical Account Management is a global team that partners with Okta’s Customer Success team and collaborates with Okta’s customers to share knowledge, best practices and make recommendations to continuously innovate around identity and security. We are Okta product experts, and we enable Okta's worldwide growth by educating existing customers and ensuring they are happy and successful. We share our technical and product expertise with customers through presentations, demonstrations, technical evaluations, and ongoing recommendations on Okta and industry best practices.
A Technical Account Manager (TAM) specializing in enterprise identity, including Okta’s Workforce Identity Cloud (WIC), Customer Identity Cloud (CIC) and adjacent technologies. The TAM will provide Okta’s customers with strategic technical guidance over the comprehensive suite of products and features available at Okta. They are held in high regard as a technical expert for how Okta’s solutions translate to business value.
The TAM specialization calls for an understanding of hybrid scenarios that capitalize on Okta’s ability to manage authentication, authorization and lifecycle management capabilities for SaaS, on-premise and custom enterprise applications.
- Advise customers on best practices and product adoption in a post-sales capacity
- Partner with Customer Success Managers and serve as their technical counterpart on a defined book of business, largely midmarket
- Earn customer trust by understanding their goals and use cases, and recommend best practices relating to process changes, product adoption, configuration and additional features to meet requirements
- Maintain focus on increasing subscription adoption, customer satisfaction and retention
- Review customer architectures and Okta configurations to ensure they are enhancing security posture and capturing ROI as Okta releases new features and functionality
- Take and respond to reactive questions from Customer Success Managers
- Establish strong personal relationships on key accounts with decision-makers and stakeholders
- Participate in content creation for both internal and external enablement of staff and customers
- 2+ years of total experience in information technology, with at least 3 years of hands-on experience as a Technical Account Manager (TAM) or comparable practitioner role in the IAM space
- Familiarity with IAM technologies and protocols, enterprise SaaS applications, lifecycle management scenarios, and security is strongly desired
- Experience in any of the following: Technical Account Management, Technical Consulting, Product Management, Solution Architect, or similar role is a plus.
- Understanding of common software development practices. Understanding of identity and surrounding technologies.
- Experience owning customer relationships and escalations
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to set expectations and communicate goals and objectives with customers at various levels, from a developer to a CIO
- Ability to track and influence customer behavior and health metrics across a portfolio of accounts
- This position will be located remotely but requires you reside and work in Eastern time zone and will have some travel required (under 25% of time)
- BA/BS/MS in Computer Science, Information Technology or related discipline or equivalent work experience required
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.
Below is the annual On Target Compensation (OTE) range for candidates located in California, Colorado, New York and Washington. Your actual OTE, which is inclusive of base salary and incentive compensation, will depend on factors such as your skills, qualifications, experience, and work location. In addition, Okta offers equity (where applicable) and benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), flexible spending account, and paid leave (including PTO and parental leave) in accordance with our applicable plans and policies. To learn more about our Total Rewards program please visit: https://rewards.okta.com/us.
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.