IT Manager, Executive Support
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box - we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
The Business Technology Team
This role joins the Business Technology organization and plays a critical part in realizing our vision to accelerate the delivery of business outcomes across Okta by driving clarity, collaboration, and accountability in everything we do. We enable the broader Business Technology organization in the mission to “Accelerate Okta’s Scale and Growth”.
The IT Manager, Executive Support Opportunity
In this role, you will be responsible for leading our Executive Support Program which focuses on speedy issue resolution for Okta’s executive employees with a high focus on quality and engagement. You are a subject matter leader that drives issue resolution and has a strong customer focus. You will collaborate with key team members to lead quick and scalable solutions. You will lead a dedicated international executive support team that provides high-quality service, consistent messaging, and dynamic support. You will also share knowledge with our executive employees, helping them to use technology to power their productivity.
In addition, you will be a strong advocate for our executives and admins, learning and understanding their technology challenges and championing change with our technology teams that make it easier for everyone to get their best work done. Our team is helping to transform the future of work, which isn’t easy but is tremendously fun and rewarding. We work on challenging problems, are data-driven, and always focus on the employee experience. Our goal is to make sure that our executive audience has an amazing technology experience and that they have everything they need to be successful.
What you’ll be doing
- Hands-on leader that can provide daily onsite and remote IT support for our executive employees and their administrative assistants
- Build key measurements of success and streamlined processes for the executive program
- Lead meetings with our key business partners to ensure we have a voice to champion our executive audience
- Build a sustainable and scalable program that provides a global presence for all our executive employees and their admins
- Break/Fix support as issues are discovered and resolving issues promptly
- Proactively look for opportunities to increase customer and team productivity
- Effectively communicate with our executive customers and stakeholders with empathy and a customer-first mindset
- Identify the root cause of issues and document them in RCA documents
- Create knowledge articles and videos to enable our team and executive customers with technology best practices
- Drive a seamless and amazing onboarding experience for our new executives
- Strive to resolve all executive employee support interactions on the first touch, whenever possible, while proactively and conscientiously balancing competing demands in a fast-paced environment
- Ability and willingness to travel 25-50% of the time to other Okta offices or for offsite events
What you’ll bring to the role
- 4+ years of proven experience in leading and building an executive support program
- 4+ years of leading and building teams to empower and support their growth
- 4+ years supporting executive-level customers in corporate environments
- 3+ years supporting AV events in corporate environments
- 8-10 years experience with Mac and PC technical support
- 8-10 years experience working in a heavily SaaS-based environment with responsibility for managing user/role-based access to systems
- Flexible for early morning coverage and some late evening support.
- Experience with high-priority escalations and high-pressure situations
- Strong ability to multi-task and successfully coordinate multiple projects simultaneously; ability to prioritize activities effectively, while ensuring a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills and customer service attitude
- High level of integrity and ability to work discreetly in situations where you may have access to sensitive information
- Self-starter with initiative and a high 'figure it out' factor
- Proven desire to take ownership of tasks and projects and follow through to completion
- Communication skills
- Security first mindset!
And extra credit if you have experience in any of the following!
- Certifications (not required): Google Admin, JAMF 300/400, SSCP, MCSA, Okta Professional, ITIL certifications
Below is the annual base salary range for candidates located in California. Your actual base salary will depend on factors such as your skills, qualifications, experience, and work location. In addition, Okta offers equity (where applicable), bonus, and benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), flexible spending account, and paid leave (including PTO and parental leave) in accordance with our applicable plans and policies. To learn more about our Total Rewards program please visit: https://rewards.okta.com/us.The annual base salary range for this position for candidates located in the San Francisco Bay area is between: $117,000—$158,000 USD
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.