Account Executive, Strategic Inside Sales
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box - we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
The Strategic Inside Sales Team
Our rapidly growing customer base and product portfolio require us to have a thoughtful approach to account selling. As part of this approach, we are building an Inside Sales team to support our Strategic sellers. The primary focus of the team is to accelerate the Strategic sales pipeline by sourcing, working and closing smaller deals and providing deal support to our Strategic Account Executives with new customers, partners, and our install base. The position aims to provide a career path into Strategic AE roles.
The Inside Account Executive Opportunity - As an Okta Inside Account Executive, you are a highly motivated self-starter who thrives in a high growth, fast paced, collaborative environment and are eager to progress your sales career. You are responsible for developing the pipeline and closing both new and existing business by selling additional products and services within your assigned geographic territory. You are accountable for meeting quarterly annual quotas, pipeline generation targets, proactive deal management, and forecast accuracy. You will drive adoption and engagement with your customers and prospects in collaboration with internal teams and the broader Okta partner ecosystem.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Collaborate with assigned Account Executives and their Area Sales Directors to strategically target and close opportunities within a geographic area
- Effectively navigate Okta’s internal ecosystem, including xDR team, Deal Desk, Customer Success with the intent of finding the best possible outcomes for the customer.
- Drive deals forward by executing demos, quotes, proposals, BVAs
- Develop a deep understanding of Okta’s product offerings to help proactively identify opportunity within your account base
- Build, manage, close and own your own pipeline within your territory
- Craft and deliver customized sales presentations and product demonstrations
- Develop and negotiate strategic level proposals and contracts
- Forecast sales activity and revenue achievements accurately through proper use of sales tools
- Travel as necessary, typically 10%.
- Role can be remote, with a preference to be in an office hub (SF, Chicago or DC)
What you’ll bring to the role:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of direct full cycle, software sales experience in a closing, quota-carrying role, preferably in a SaaS B2B environment
- Track record of consistently meeting, exceeding quota
- Demonstrated experience in collaborating effectively within the GTM ecosystem, including but not limited to: AEs, xDRs, SEs, RMs, CSMs, Partners
- Ability to effectively allocate time between different AEs and territories to provide commiserate levels of impact
- Experience in independently running demos and qualification conversations
- Executive presence and confidence presenting to senior stakeholders at large companies
Additional skills to bring to the table:
- Familiar with Google Workspace, Salesforce and Outreach
- Experience in up-market SAAS selling
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Below is the annual base salary range for candidates located in California. Your actual base salary will depend on factors such as your skills, qualifications, experience, and work location. In addition, Okta offers equity (where applicable), bonus, and benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), flexible spending account, and paid leave (including PTO and parental leave) in accordance with our applicable plans and policies. To learn more about our Total Rewards program please visit: https://rewards.okta.com/us.The annual base salary range for this position for candidates located in the San Francisco Bay area is between: $135,000—$135,000 USD
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.