Senior Security Engineer (Customer Identity)
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box - we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
The Customer Identity team is looking for a Senior Security Engineer.
This role can be based from a remote office anywhere in the following locations:
What you will do:
- Build and maintain security controls and services that enhances platform security posture
- Build tooling to make security operations frictionless
- Develop design patterns, standards and best practices for Okta internal services
- Support our engineering teams in developing secure platform toolings and services
- Identify gaps in our security posture and prioritize remediation efforts
You’re a good fit for this role if:
- You have 3+ years of experience in Application Security Engineering or developing security services
- You have strong knowledge of security controls
- You have proficiency with at least one of the following languages
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills
Bonus points if:
- You have experience in the identity and access management (IAM) domain.
- You have experience working with and securing containers and Kubernetes.
- You have experience working with a fully distributed, remote team.
- You have a robust knowledge of security engineering and application security.
- You have experience with developer enablement and accelerating development teams through best practices and shared tooling.
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.