Sr. Marketing Manager, Commercial Acquisition
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box - we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
We are looking for a Senior Marketing Manager- Commercial Acquisition to develop and execute a growth strategy that drives new business demand at scale in our commercial business segment. In this role you will be responsible for planning and executing digital programs (Okta owned & third party) that expand Okta’s reach within SMB and mid-market accounts, generate new names and new leads, increase conversions through the funnel and ultimately create new pipeline.
As a senior member of Okta’s marketing team, you’ll continuously seek to evolve our growth marketing best practices, lead cross-functional work streams and execute go-to-market activities that ensure best in class customer acquisition, engagement and retention. You will work closely with the various marketing teams and the Commercial Marketing Pod to understand the unique characteristics of the Commercial segment, how to find and meet these buyers where they are, and ensure that the right messages are distributed to the right audiences at the right time across various digital marketing channels, with an eye for experimentation and trying new things.
The ideal candidate for this role will have a strong passion for growth marketing, a data-driven approach and desire to do things differently. To be successful you’ll need to be a strong communicator who can earn trust with key stakeholders across sales and marketing teams. You should be comfortable with ambiguity and complex challenges, and are willing to work autonomously, handling multiple initiatives simultaneously and prioritizing accordingly to contribute to ambitious growth plans. If you are organized, analytical, and data driven, with an interest to own your program strategy end to end, this is a great role for you.
Key Responsibilities include
- Develop and execute the Commercial growth marketing strategy for North America, from ideation to execution and measurement
- Lead growth strategy, execution, and optimization for digitally-centric project work and inject high growth strategies into our GTM plan to drive growth and scale
- Develop and execute multi-channel SMB campaigns to drive leads and qualified opportunities through the middle and bottom of the sales funnel
- Partner closely with the Commercial Sales/Marketing team to ensure campaigns, lead volume and lead quality are aligned
- Manage and align with executive stakeholders at the VP level
- Use analytics and intent signals to identify highly engaged prospects with a propensity to buy
- Lead the development and nurture process for the Commercial segment, including leveraging third-party lead development agencies
- Collaborate across the Marketing & Comms, including with Solution & Content Marketing and Creative Services, to develop compelling marketing campaigns that convert engagement into leads
- Work closely with digital, web and marketing operations teams
- Be the authority within a multi-disciplinary team to determine the optimal strategy to identify highest value use cases to unlock GTM across Marketing and Sales
- Be agile and iterative in your approach, and relentless in your search for the next unexploited growth opportunity
- Continuously drive innovation by experimenting with new marketing channels, tools, and creative
- Expand existing campaigns across paid channels while introducing new strategies to enhance performance and drive incremental growth
- Utilize data analytics to identify trends, optimize campaigns, report on key performance indicators (KPIs), and inform data-driven decisions
You would be a great fit for this role if you have:
- BA/BS degree or relevant practical experience
- 8+ years of relevant experience managing B2B demand generation programs across multiple digital channels in the technology industry, SMB experience a plus
- Experience building and running campaigns and email and nurture strategies, Marketo experience is a plus
- Strong analytical abilities. You love working with data, analyzing outcomes, and scoping out key insights to establish continuous optimization.
- Experience with both strategy building and hands on execution
- Ability to gather insights and develop targeted messaging and content off of them
- Understanding of growth marketing tactics and best practices
- Ability to convert insights into action
- Experience working in a fast paced and high growth environment where you may have to wear multiple hats
- Agency and vendor management experience
- Strong communication skills and comfortable working with leadership teams
- Ability to work independently, own and drive a strategy end-to-end and lead cross-functional initiatives
- Track record of excelling in a matrixed organizational structure
- A collaborative spirit
- A love for what you do!
Below is the annual base salary range for candidates located in California, Colorado, New York and Washington. Your actual base salary will depend on factors such as your skills, qualifications, experience, and work location. In addition, Okta offers equity (where applicable), bonus, and benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), flexible spending account, and paid leave (including PTO and parental leave) in accordance with our applicable plans and policies. To learn more about our Total Rewards program please visit: https://rewards.okta.com/us.
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.