Stock Plan Specialist
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box - we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
About the Role: Okta is seeking an experienced Stock Plan Administrator who will play an integral role in Okta's Stock team, contributing to the scaling of Okta’s stock administration function globally. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of three years of hands-on experience in public company stock administration. This role requires exceptional organizational skills, analytical and problem-solving abilities, responsibility, attention to detail, and resourcefulness.
- Utilize expertise in stock administration to manage the company's equity programs globally, covering stock options, restricted stock units (RSUs), employee stock purchase plan (ESPP), and dual-class stock structure.
- Collaborate closely with transfer agents, external broker service providers, and internal teams such as Legal, Finance, Payroll, People, and Tax.
- Provide superior customer service to employees, management, and other stakeholders.
- Support employee understanding of equity awards, company programs, and policies, conducting presentations and office hours for new and existing employees.
- Contribute to the scaling of the stock administration function, including process enhancement, automation, and evaluation of service providers.
- Automate routine processes, ensuring efficient, accurate, and timely processing of equity award data.
- Maintain the company's equity data using E*TRADE's Equity Edge Online (EEO) platform.
- Prepare custom reports within EEO and Excel, conducting complex reconciliations to ensure accuracy of equity and transaction data.
- Maintain workbooks for internal/external SOX auditors and respond promptly to auditor requests for data.
- Prepare and file Section 16 Forms 3, 4, and 5 accurately and timely.
- Assist in preparing stock-related sections of 10Qs, 10Ks, and Proxy Statements.
- Assist the legal team in reviewing proposed 10b5-1 trading plans and manually processing trades from trading plan brokers.
- Assist with the process for mobile employees, understanding and applying complex mobility tax calculations.
- Perform other duties, ad hoc projects, and reporting as requested.
- Team player with a strong work ethic and ability to complete projects timely and accurately.
- Self-motivated, reliable, flexible, deadline-oriented, with keen attention to detail, and able to handle multiple tasks independently.
- Effective communicator using various mediums with different levels of internal employees, business partners, and external vendors.
- Compliance and process-oriented individual with flexibility to excel in a fast-paced and evolving environment.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality in an open and transparent environment.
- 3+ years of experience in the administration of global equity programs.
- Certified Equity Professional (CEP) intermediate (Level II) preferred.
- Demonstrated expertise with global equity programs, multiple equity award types, and transaction volume.
- Experience working directly with E*TRADE and EEO preferred.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated analytical abilities and proficiency in Excel.
- Excellent project management skills and prioritization abilities.
- Energy, enthusiasm, and follow-up skills necessary to drive results.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.