Developer Support Engineer
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box - we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
Awesome tech is made by awesome people. And we’re always looking for new team members who bring the energy, passion, commitment, and collaboration that has made Okta the great company it is today.
So what do we exactly build? Okta Customer Identity Cloud is an authentication and authorization platform designed by developers for developers. Basically, we make companies’ login boxes safe, secure, and seamless for anyone logging in. Our mission is to secure the world’s identities so innovators can innovate. But it’s a big mission that requires a lot of teamwork.
Words, code, or people, whatever your skill, there’s a place for you here.
We are seeking individuals with technical support experience to provide complex support services of the Customer Identity SaaS solution. This individual will work closely with our customers to provide break-fix support, operational maintenance, and support services. This position is an integral part of Okta's long-term relationship with its global customers, and the efforts put forth by this individual will directly impact the long-term success of the relationship. In order to succeed in this team, this individual must have the passion and energy to work in an entrepreneurial and fast-paced environment.
- Support and maintain customers who have implemented the Customer Identity SaaS solution, resolving technical and non-technical customer issues in a timely fashion
- Operational management of Support tickets
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with clients and achieve the highest level of customer satisfaction
- Take end-to-end ownership of customer issues, including initial troubleshooting, identification of root cause and issue resolution.
- Exceed customer expectations on response quality, timeliness of responses and overall customer experience.
- Serve as internal and external point of contact on customer issues and ensure they are resolved as expediently as possible.
- Work as part of our extended support team in a startup atmosphere, doing whatever it takes to exceed customer expectations
- Use your business and technical analysis skills and knowledge of the Development lifecycle to solve complex issues and promote best practices
- Collaborate with other departments in the company to achieve customer satisfaction
- Contribute to and maintain repository of product area specific knowledge and promote a culture of team knowledge sharing and collaboration within Support.
- 5 years+ of technical support and/or software development OR 3 years+ of solid experience in a business or technical analyst role for medium to large scale business software implementation projects
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-starter — able to come up to speed on complex, difficult concepts with minimal assistance
- Ability to quickly context-switch between multiple complex work streams
- Instinctive ability to subdivide problems into basic components in order to efficiently pinpoint the root cause of issues
- Customer-obsessed attitude — a customer advocate, always going the extra mile
- Team player with solid communication and presentation skills
- Proactivity — identify opportunities and take preemptive action against potential problems
- Continuous growth — permanently look for areas of improvement, make plans on how to improve them, and execute those plans
Technical Domain Focus
- Knowledge of software development fundamentals and common architectures
- Knowledge of HTTP, encryption, basic security concepts
- Understanding of authentication and authorization concepts
- Knowledge of one or more auth protocols/specifications: Oauth2, OIDC, SAML, WS-FED, LDAP, Azure AD, etc.
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.