Data Operations Analyst
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box - we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
The Business Technology Team
Business Technology is on a mission to accelerate Okta’s scale and growth. We bring world-class business acumen and technology expertise to every interaction. We also drive cross-functional collaboration and are focused on delivering measurable business outcomes.
The Data Operations Analyst Opportunity
We are looking for an experienced analyst who has a passion for data analytics, is detail-oriented, likes solving big problems, understands technical systems, and can effectively communicate with team members and business partners. In this role, you will be key in creating the foundation for data-based decision-making across Okta's functional business teams and will work with internal customers to provide first-line support to help users resolve data integrity, application access, and other ad hoc operational issues.
What you’ll be doing
- Engage with stakeholders and business teams to support the use of Data & Analytics team tooling and services, as well as supporting resolution of ad hoc operational issues
- Design and implement standard operating procedures around key processes
- Partner with Data and Analytics Engineering team to strategically resolve gaps in processes
- Proactively identify processes for improvements, standardization, and institutionalization
- Identify trends and key drivers of internal customer requests to unveil insights on areas of opportunity
- Collaborate with Data Engineering on requirements and enhancements to existing data pipelines, data sets, and data platforms
- Support new tool and technology assessments to improve stakeholder adoption
- Drive adoption and best practices of new data sources, solutions, and processes
What you’ll bring to the role
- 3+ years' experience as a Data Analyst
- 2+ years' hands-on SQL experience in a work environment
- Experience with access management for applications such as Tableau, Snowflake and Fivetran.
- Ability to work cross-functionally and communicate with technical and non-technical teams
- Experience with ETL processes and SDLC using Python/Java, and Snowflake
- Familiarity with SCRUM operating model and tracking work via a tool such as Jira
- Experience with system performance monitoring tools such as Splunk and Datadog
- ServiceNow help desk experience
And extra credit if you have experience in any of the following!
- BS in CS, MIS, related technical degree
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Below is the annual base salary range for candidates located in California, Colorado, New York and Washington. Your actual base salary will depend on factors such as your skills, qualifications, experience, and work location. In addition, Okta offers equity (where applicable), bonus, and benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), flexible spending account, and paid leave (including PTO and parental leave) in accordance with our applicable plans and policies. To learn more about our Total Rewards program please visit: https://rewards.okta.com/us.The annual base salary range for this position for candidates located in California (excluding San Francisco Bay Area), Colorado, New York, and Washington is between:$86,000—$130,000 USD
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.