Technical Support Engineer
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box - we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
The Technical Support Engineer is an articulate and seasoned technical guru who understands and can appreciate the challenges organizations face in implementing and integrating cloud technologies into complex IT environments across heterogeneous operating environments. If you have technical depth and a customer-first mentality, the desire to take the initiative to own and resolve customer issues, and interest in working in a dynamic, high growth, learning environment, this role is for you.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide well-thought out and reliable direction, both in technical and non-technical terms, to help customers integrate, deploy and maintain the Okta service.
- Take end-to-end ownership of customer issues, including initial troubleshooting, identification of root cause and issue resolution.
- Exceed customer expectations on response quality, timeliness of responses and overall customer experience.
- Serve as internal and external point of contact on customer issues and ensure they are resolved as expediently as possible.
- Collect information and document bugs with Engineering for product issues that are impacting customers.
- Provide feedback to the training and documentation organization so that common or emerging issues can be addressed before they become serious or widespread.
- Create process or troubleshooting documentation in the support knowledge base.
- Deliver against customer experience and efficiency targets.
- Push creative thinking beyond the boundaries of existing industry standard practices to come up with process improvements and new ways to delight customers.
EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- BA/BS/MS in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related discipline.
- 5+ years of enterprise technical software support, customer support, system administration or related customer facing role.
- Expertise in core Microsoft product stack, including Windows Server, Windows Workstation, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Group Policies, DMZ, Load balancers and IIS.
- Cross-platform OS knowledge [Linux, Mac OS X, Windows]
- Skill in troubleshooting network problems and discussing network design as it pertains to systems
- Providing Linux OS and Windows Server administration skills to maintain, manage, administer access, control and perform upgrades of the server infrastructure supporting all business and infrastructure host.
- Installing and hardening Linux operating systems and for applying security and recommended patches on a regularly scheduled basis
- Performing system modifications to accommodate hardware and OS version upgrade.
- Real passion for solving customer issues and advocating for their success, in a fast paced, highly technical environment. Ability to learn new technologies quickly. Excellent relationship management, customer service and communication skills in variety of forms (written, live chat, conference calls, in-person.)
- Ability to work independently with little direct supervision and as a part of a team. Excellent analytical and organizational abilities. Ability to remain calm, composed and articulate when dealing with tough customer situations.
- Salesforce or a similar CRM ticketing system
- Experience supporting Identity Access Management solutions. Experience supporting LDAP, SSO, SAML, or WS Federation
- Experience supporting cloud applications such as Office 365, Google Apps, Salesforce, Workday, NetSuite, Box, etc.
- Experience supporting n-tier web applications. Experience supporting REST APIs. MCSE with concentration in Active Directory 2008 R2 or higher
- Basic scripting skills [BASH, Python, etc.]
- Understanding of infrastructure administration SSH and RDP and automation
- Sound knowledge of Linux/Unix architectures and debugging
- Basic knowledge of PKI
- Certifications: Okta Certified Profession and Okta Certified Administrator, MCSE, AWS and/or Azure certifications
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.