Senior Security Engineer
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box - we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
As a Security Engineer, you will collaborate with cross geographical team members with passion for building security resilience and observability for Okta Customer Identity Cloud(CIC) infrastructure. This person will solve security problems in partnership with our Engineering teams. You will collaborate cross-functionally with Okta security teams to support CIC Security Response operations and remediation activities.
- Will be working with cross geographical security engineering team
- Establish deep understanding of CIC infrastructure and products
- Build and up level detection capabilities within CIC infrastructure
- Build security infrastructure observability for CIC benchmarks
- Evaluate attack surfaces, identify mitigation defenses and implement the same
- Drive proactive security remediation measures for 3rd party security incidents
- Spearhead security remediations, operations efficiency and RCA response for closure
- You have 5+ years of experience in Cloud Infrastructure Security / Product or Application Security
- Strong knowledge of OWASP Top 10 vulnerabilities and secure coding best practices
- You have strong knowledge of security controls for AWS, Azure environments
- You have proficiency with at least one of the following languages
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills
- You have experience working with a fully distributed, remote team.
Bonus points if:
- You have experience working with and Security Response Operations
- You have experience in the identity and access management (IAM) domain.
- You have experience with developer enablement and accelerating development teams through best practices and shared tooling.
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.