Strategic Sales Director
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box - we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
Strategic Account Team - UKI
We have a team of highly experienced sellers who are targeting Okta’s largest customers (with over 20,000 employees). This segment represents the biggest opportunity for growth for Okta in UKI. The team have had some incredible multi million dollar wins already in the last 24 months; we’re looking for a strong leader to take it to the next level.
As our Strategic Sales Director you will…
- Report directly to the VP of UKI; being an active part of the UKI Leadership team; inputting to the strategy and growth of the region.
- Own the strategy and business plan for the Strategic segment to show how you will executive against revenue and headcount goals.
- Provide leadership and coaching to a team of highly experienced Account Executives; creating a shared vision and strong team culture.
- Drive for big wins over $1m + whilst also being mindful of land and expand opportunities as we grow out this segment.
- Ensure the team are utilising all resources internally as well as their own skills to drive pipeline and hunt in their new logo accounts.
- Adopt a collaborative approach with the x-functional teams ensuring the team has the support needed from Alliances, Sales Development, Pre-Sales, Customer First, Legal, Business Value, Marketing and more.
- Collaborate with our Alliances and GSI teams to solidify and grow our relationships with key partners.
- Act as an Executive Sponsor on critical deal opportunities.
- Support the AE's with using MEDDPICCC to navigate complexity; spot gaps and maximise opportunities.
- Lead by example by running forecasting accuracy and ensuring deal accountability.
- Provide ongoing performance reviews supporting the AE's with career development.
- Live by a data driven approach; using data to monitor and track team performance.
You could be a great fit for this role if you have:
- Led a majors / strategic segment previously with Account Executives selling into the largest accounts.
- Strong understanding of how to executive on multi-million dollar deals in large organisations.
- Experience building partner business plans and relationships to ensure strategic alignment and growth for all.
- Coached others on the use of MEDDICC or similar sales framework.
- Experience managing a growth focused team with demonstrable success bringing on new logos.
- The ability to build a culture of trust and collaboration with a strong coaching mindset
- Have experienced leading through significant growth and / or change within a 'build' phase technology company.
- Exceptional leadership skills and ability to develop sales talent through their careers.
- Demonstrated ability to accurately and boldly forecast sales results.
Okta’s Top 5 Core Leadership Competencies are part of the deeply ingrained principles that guide all of our company’s actions. They also align strongly to our cultural cornerstones, our Okta values: love our customers, empower our people, never stop innovating, act with integrity, and maintain transparency. It’s our expectation that our managers and leaders embody these core competencies:
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organisation’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.