Senior Analytics Engineer
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box - we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
The Data Engineering Team
The Data Engineering team manages and maintains the technical infrastructure and tools that support the collection, storage, processing, analysis, and visualization of data within the enterprise data warehouse.
You will be part of a team performing detailed data architecture design, development, and implementation of best-in-class applications that support a cutting edge technology stack
The Analytics Engineering Opportunity
Reporting to the Manager, this role will be responsible for modeling the data as well as applying various transformations to different datasets to enable transparency and understanding for business analysts and other stakeholders.
What you’ll be doing
- Configure scalable and reliable data pipelines to consume, integrate and analyze large volumes of complex data from different sources to support the growing needs of our business
- Analyze a variety of data sources, structures, and metadata and develop mapping, transformation rules, aggregations and ETL specifications
- Work closely with other Analytics team members to optimize data self service, reusability, performance, and ensure validity of source of truth
- Help define and manage a next generation data lake and master data architectures to enable information transparency for our clients and data quality across systems.
- Enhance reusable knowledge of the models and metrics through documentation and use of the data catalog
- You will ensure data security and compliance by implementing appropriate data access controls, encryption, and auditing mechanisms.
What you’ll bring to the role
- Education and Experience: a bachelor's degree in computer science, data science, statistics, mathematics, or a related field. 2+ years in data engineering, data warehousing, or business intelligence.
- Data and Data Warehousing Skills: Proficiency in SQL, ETL tools, and data integration technologies, including familiarity with data modeling techniques, database design, and query optimization.
- Programming Skills: Experience in “data” languages like R and Python. Knowledge of data processing frameworks like PySpark is also beneficial.
- Cloud Technologies: Experience working with cloud-based data solutions like AWS or Google Cloud Platform and cloud-based data warehousing tools like Snowflake.
- Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills: Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to understand complex data problems and provide effective solutions.
- Data Visualization: Knowledge of data visualization tools like Tableau, Power BI, or Looker.
- This position requires the ability to access federal environments and/or have access to protected federal data. As a condition of employment for this position, the successful candidate must be able to submit documentation establishing U.S. Person status (e.g. a U.S. Citizen, National, Lawful Permanent Resident, Refugee, or Asylee. 22 CFR 120.15) upon hire.
Below is the annual base salary range for candidates located in California, Colorado, New York and Washington. Your actual base salary will depend on factors such as your skills, qualifications, experience, and work location. In addition, Okta offers equity (where applicable), bonus, and benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), flexible spending account, and paid leave (including PTO and parental leave) in accordance with our applicable plans and policies. To learn more about our Total Rewards program please visit: https://rewards.okta.com/us.The annual base salary range for this position for candidates located in California (excluding San Francisco Bay Area), Colorado, New York, and Washington is between:$140,000—$189,000 USD
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.