Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box - we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
The Customer Identity Cloud (CIC) Team
Okta’s Customer Identity Cloud (CIC), powered by Auth0 technology, is an easy to implement authentication and authorization platform designed by developers for developers. We make access to applications safe, secure, and seamless for the more than 100 million daily logins around the world. Our modern approach to identity enables this Tier 0 global service to deliver convenience, privacy, and security so customers can focus on innovation.
The Staff Software Engineer Opportunity
Each engineer shepherds one or multiple platforms forward, both internally within Auth0, and externally in the community. You will be working in a cross-functional team alongside the developer evangelist, onboarding, growth, dashboard, community, tooling, and SDK teams to provide the best developer experience for the technologies you own.
The most important qualifications for this position are software engineering expertise, leadership, empathy, and self-direction.
What you’ll be doing
- Design and develop new SDKs, libraries, APIs and experiences that make complex identity APIs and flows easy to understand and integrate into customer apps
- Provide technical direction and guidance to engineers on your direct team and help shape a highly technical roadmap
- Work with engineers across the organization to surface their APIs and products through SDKs in the most intuitive way possible
- Coach and mentor engineers at all levels up to their peer level.
- Discover and advocate for new technologies to accelerate improvements to our libraries, including insights and automation
- Carry cross-team initiatives from end to end: code reviews, design reviews, operational robustness, security hygiene, etc.
What you’ll bring to the role
- Are a T-shaped engineer that can work with and understand a wide range of platforms and technologies
- You are able to lead a team of engineers to success, across a diverse set of technology platforms
- Have developed libraries or SDKs to be consumed by other developers
- Deliver work incrementally to get feedback and iterate over solutions.
- Have passion and experience working on SDKs and libraries that are highly reliable, maintainable, scalable and secure, with a real focus on developer experience
- Bring the right attitude to the team: ownership, accountability, attention to detail, and customer focus.
- The ability to communicate effectively in person and in writing as a presenter, documenter.
- Demonstrable experience authoring developer documentation (tutorials, blog posts, docs).
And extra credit if you have experience in any of the following
- Knowledge or experience in the identity and access management space.
- Experience working in distributed teams and work environments.
- Created open-source material or have contributed to open-source projects.
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.