Senior Manager, Internal Audit (IT)
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box - we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
As the Internal Audit Senior Manager (IT) you will drive multiple operational audit and risk advisory projects, reporting the results to management and Okta’s Board. This position reports to the Director of Internal Audit, working closely with Business Technology, Security Legal, Finance and other cross functional stakeholders. We seek a deeply experienced IT auditor to join a small, growing team at a company experiencing rapid growth and increasing complexity. In addition to one direct report, this role will also provide guidance and support to our India and Philippines-based testing and data teams.
Responsibilities and Related Capabilities of the Successful Candidate:
- Internal Audit Methodology: Possesses a thorough understanding of internal audit methodology. Constantly strives to improve the effectiveness of the methodology in managing risks. Participates in creating the overall Internal Audit department strategy and champions with senior stakeholders. Participates in establishing strategic plans and organizational objectives including the annual risk assessment process.
- Risk Assessment: Understands various risk assessment frameworks and makes recommendations for audit strategies based on accurate identification of potential business risks. Understands and is able to balance between managing risk and taking risks in the context of the overall strategy of the organization. Respected expert in IT risk management and control processes.
- Audit Execution: Successfully directs and manages the completion of audit(s) within agreed upon timeframes. Leads complex, visible or sensitive audit projects with confidence and minimal supervision. Oversight responsibility for multiple audit projects providing expert input.
- Root Cause Analysis: Analyzes the main reason for an audit weakness. Can articulate the relevance of root causes and issues across audit engagements and conduct trend analysis to determine the impact across the organization.
- Audit Reporting: Appropriately communicates the results of audit work to enable improvement in internal control and to provide assurance. Is able to effectively present audit reports and findings to senior executives.
- Resource Allocation: Manages the resources necessary to effectively execute against the audit plan. Owns staff and budget resource allocation of department resources for maximum efficiency and impact for the team. Acts as a steward for group resources. Identifies and distributes workload across the team to avoid potential roadblocks and achieve timely completion of deliverables.
- Staff Development: Enables the team for success through active coaching and teaching. Owns the outcome of his/her individual performance feedback. Leads and influences cross-functionally and at all levels of management. Monitors the internal and external environment and anticipates desirable change. Designs and skillfully leads complex, cross-functional change initiatives.
- Experience: Minimum 12 years of core IT Security Audit experience in public accounting or internal audit.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or Accounting or relevant related field. Masters degree is a plus.
- Professional Designations: CISSP, CISA, CIA preferred
- IT Risk Technical Skills: Deep understanding of IT Security posturing, threat/impact analysis, IT General Controls, core IT processes, controls, platforms and systems. Excellent knowledge of Cyber audit best practices, tools/techniques and emerging trends. Advanced proficiency in security frameworks and standards (i.e., NIST, ISO 27001). Familiarity with regulatory schemes such as FedRamp, FFEIC, GDPR, CCPA is preferred.
- Industry Domain Experience: Experience with cloud-based or software as a service (SAAS) companies is a plus.
Soft Skills: Excellent analytical, organizational, written and verbal communication skills. Position is eligible for remote work, so communication, collaboration, and organization are keys to success.Okta’s Top 5 Core Leadership Competencies are part of the deeply ingrained principles that guide all of our company’s actions. They also align strongly to our cultural cornerstones, our Okta values: love our customers, empower our people, never stop innovating, act with integrity, and maintain transparency. It’s our expectation that our managers and leaders embody these core competencies:
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Below is the annual base salary range for candidates located in California, Colorado, New York and Washington. Your actual base salary will depend on factors such as your skills, qualifications, experience, and work location. In addition, Okta offers equity (where applicable), bonus, and benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), flexible spending account, and paid leave (including PTO and parental leave) in accordance with our applicable plans and policies. To learn more about our Total Rewards program please visit: https://rewards.okta.com/us.
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.