Engineering Staff Technical Program Manager, Federal
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box - we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
As a Staff Technical Program Manager in the Engineering Infrastructure & Security TPM Team - with a focus on our Federal and GRC program, you will be in a leadership position within the Engineering organization. You will partner with various groups across Engineering, Security & Compliance, Customer First, and Product Management to build and deliver key security and compliance initiatives. You will be the point person for clarifying strategic level goals and outlining the execution plans to achieve them. You will work within and across scrum teams to prioritize and execute on key objectives. Employing both a strategic and tactical approach is a requirement in this role. You will not only have strong TPM experience, but also experience implementing security and compliance efforts within Engineering or Infrastructure in a SaaS and agile environment.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Structure, kick-off, and run continuous and/or time-bound Federal and GRC initiatives within and beyond the Engineering organization - clarifying priorities, enabling the execution of deliverables, defining program process flows, and providing continuous transparency.
- Project manage Federal and GRC initiatives within and beyond Engineering, across multiple teams; taking a hands-on and proactive approach to unblock progress, introduce efficiencies, and provide workflow solutions.
- Champion the adoption of agile best practices.
- Build and maintain alignment across multiple teams for keeping a focus on execution, continuous improvement, and operational excellence.
- Lead the introduction of new processes / workflows by bringing proposed solutions to the teams and rolling them out in an iterative manner.
- Anticipate and mitigate risks - by having close involvement with teams’ goals and challenges, applying past experience, and keeping in mind the big picture.
- Provide clear and crisp transparency to the status and progress of Federal and GRC initiatives.
- US Person Status (e.g. a U.S. Citizen, National, Lawful Permanent Resident, Refugee, or Asylee)
- Minimum 5 years of technical program management experience in a SaaS product development environment – kicking off and managing cross-organizational programs
- Minimum 3 years of technical project management experience in a SaaS product development environment – working hand-in-hand with Engineers to deliver
- Experience with delivering FedRAMP, DoD IL, or other compliance or security initiatives within Engineering organizations preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication; experience effectively communicating and presenting to teams located across different locations and people ranging from individual team members to C-level executives.
- Strong leadership skills; able to successfully influence without authority
- Strong technical aptitude/affinity; experience working directly with software, test and/or system engineers
- Self-starter; able to work well in an ambiguous and constantly changing, fast paced environment
Education and Training:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Training in Agile and Scrum
- This position requires the ability to access federal environments and/or have access to protected federal data. As a condition of employment for this position, the successful candidate must be able to submit documentation establishing U.S. Person status (e.g. a U.S. Citizen, National, Lawful Permanent Resident, Refugee, or Asylee. 22 CFR 120.15) upon hire.
Below is the annual On Target Compensation (OTE) range for candidates located in California, Colorado, New York and Washington. Your actual OTE, which is inclusive of base salary and incentive compensation, will depend on factors such as your skills, qualifications, experience, and work location. In addition, Okta offers equity (where applicable) and benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), flexible spending account, and paid leave (including PTO and parental leave) in accordance with our applicable plans and policies. To learn more about our Total Rewards program please visit: https://rewards.okta.com/us.
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.